• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm with you. i'm a halloween grinch. i turn out all the lights and my wife and I are going out to dinner.

Also not a halloween fan. I enjoy watching my kids experience Halloween and I appreciate the effort that people put into costumes, but otherwise I prefer not to participate in Halloween.

throwing a picnic shoulder in the smoker

working from home has quite a few perks, not least of which is checking in on baby son every hour, but the ability to smoke meats while working a full day is exceptional

And I always make sure the amount ends in 0 when I get gas.

I assumed everyone does this - for those of us of a certain age it dates back to when we had to actually walk inside and pay cash for the gas...

We've been gifted a pretty solid week of weather in our goodbye to daylight. I've been outside with the kids as much as possible this week.

it's pouring today and that's before the Zeta remnants even get here tonight. Friday and Saturday look better, albeit chillier.

I apparently get up at night and eat unconsciously. Usually shitty processed stuff that I wouldn't eat when I'm awake. Especially if the dog has to go out in the middle of the night or one of the kids wake up. I don't actually remember doing it, but I'll wake up in the morning and like a quarter of a gallon of milk will be gone, or cracker or chip bags will be left out or candy wrappers will be strewn all over the kitchen. I usually eat the snack food we buy for the kids. It happens 3-4 times a week.

Ohhhh yea. That's what happens when you suppress your inner fatty.

I accepted the sweet new gig I mentioned a while back that will require me to travel once a month across the country. The travel was a big concern in a pandemic, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity for advancement and a lot more $.

Now, of course, after radio silence for two months from the company that purchased my current firm, their executive team is freaking out and apparently trying to keep me. Sucks that it takes putting in a 2 weeks notice to get noticed. Corporate life is dumb.

I like odd numbers better than even, unless it relates to TV volume. In that case, I like to go with multiples of 5. There usually isn't enough of a difference between 12 and 13, so I just round up to 15.

I also choose tails in every coin flip.

Fargo this season is not gripping me yet, but the OCD guy is an interesting character

Fargo this season is not gripping me yet, but the OCD guy is an interesting character

Yeah, I'm still watching it because it's Fargo, but it's pretty meh. Although Olyphant is fun this season. I didn't love Season 3 though either.

I like Halloween more than Christmas. I guess it helps that I love horror movies, fall is my favorite season(and it's not even close), and I enjoy dressing up in costumes. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

You and I are the same person. 😘

Also not a halloween fan. I enjoy watching my kids experience Halloween and I appreciate the effort that people put into costumes, but otherwise I prefer not to participate in Halloween.

This is kind of where I am at. I don't mind the holiday and like giving out candy, etc. - I just hate dressing up myself and dread getting invited to any event where it is required or expected. Mostly I think it is because I suck at coming up with, and/or creating, cool costumes. My wife is the same way and our kids have grown up with a general dislike of the whole process as well.

Halloween was a lot of fun in college and early post-graduation years because it was a good excuse to get really drunk and also eat a lot of candy. Then in my 30s it waned, although I did have a lot of fun going to the Billy Strings show last year. Now that we have a kid I'm excited to get into it with him, although his first one will sort of be a bust.

Looking at Lynda Carter on the presidential thread made me reevaluate my prior assumptions on how old is too old. How old was the oldest person you ever had a romantic tryst with, current s/o notwithstanding? I had a brief but memorable liaison with a 40 y/o speech therapist coworker that worked at the school I was a contract tutor at when I was 19. I realize that would be hella creepy if the genders were opposite, but I think there's a clear double standard at play there.

Chat Thread: Anti-disabled/homophobic language talk w/ Knight and Creamy

Looking at Lynda Carter on the presidential thread made me reevaluate my prior assumptions on how old is too old. How old was the oldest person you ever had a romantic tryst with, current s/o notwithstanding? I had a brief but memorable liaison with a 40 y/o speech therapist coworker that worked at the school I was a contract tutor at when I was 19. I realize that would be hella creepy if the genders were opposite, but I think there's a clear double standard at play there.

I went home with a townie divorcee lawyer lady when I was 22 and right out of college. It was over the holiday season and she picked me up at WEOH. We eventually went back to her condo, spent most of the night doing fun stuff, she was quite adventurous, and then I tried to sneak out and get a cab at around 8am because I was suppose to go to church with my family. She caught me, made me coffee and insisted that she would drop me off. We then walked outside and I realized her condo was directly beside my family church. I could see her condo from the balcony through the window behind the pulpit, when I was back there two hours later.

Anyways I was living in Charlotte at the time, she hit me up when she was in town a few weeks later and we met up at a bar (I was already out with friends) and then spent another night together in the top of very nice downtown hotel. I began dating a neighbor who was my own age shortly after, so that was our last encounter but man was it cool.

I never asked her age but I’d say 40. No kids, divorced and in great shape.

Last edited:
it's pouring today and that's before the Zeta remnants even get here tonight. Friday and Saturday look better, albeit chillier.

i see you guys now have a tropical storm watch for the mountains, all the way down to gaston county. Crazy for a storm that will cross 4 states first.

When I was in my early 20s, I hit some (what I assume was) late/mid-30s puss one-offs. Early 20s DDD was a strange time. Met my wife mid-20s and haven't been on the yard since.

I'm an episode or two behind this season. Of fargo. Its ok. Not great. Potential to tie it together and stick the landing I suppose. Maybe. As discussed before, Chris Rock is not great but I'd say not worse than serviceable. Johnathan Schwartzman is far more distracting. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back