• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hard F is a weird one for me, and I tend to relate to the South Park episode the most on it. When I used to use that word, I was referring to an absolute douchebag, such as someone who would loudly ride their Harley through an area of outside neighborhood bars/restaurants. Had nothing to do with homosexuality in the least. But obviously many people did/do use it as a gay slur, so it needed to die off.

My experience with hard F is almost exclusively by my gay friends who use it to describe gay people who are overselling the gay stereotype. I was in a gay wedding a few years ago and one of the grooms made a point to explain that "no faggots were invited." I was really confused, but during the reception he broke it down for me.

I love him and he's one of my best friends. But it's super weird to have a dude who you 100% know has sucked a mile of dick call someone a hard F in an unendearing way.

Maybe BBD or RSF can tell me if the mood on Grindr has changed in the last few years.

I don't use the hard F for a lot of the same reasons that I don't use the N-bomb. It's just not my word and there's history there that's stood the test of time.

This thread tittle is fucked up. For better or worse people know people on here in real life. The accusations in the thread tittle ain’t ok bro’s.

Guess it was only a matter of time after they were bought by the NY Times, but it's really annoying that The Wirecutter requires a login now to read articles.

Is it common to have a weird fixation with even numbers? Like, I can't watch tv if I know the volume is set on an odd number, or I have to make sure the gas pump total ends on an even number, and when I drink something, I count even numbers of swallows, and (for Knight) my morning poo wipes have to be even as well. I've noticed this more recently. Should I be concerned?

Also, nobody bit on my sleep eating discussion. Y'all are supposed to be my mental stability connection here and assure me that I'm not going crazy.

Is it common to have a weird fixation with even numbers? Like, I can't watch tv if I know the volume is set on an odd number, or I have to make sure the gas pump total ends on an even number, and when I drink something, I count even numbers of swallows, and (for Knight) my morning poo wipes have to be even as well. I've noticed this more recently. Should I be concerned?

Also, nobody bit on my sleep eating discussion. Y'all are supposed to be my mental stability connection here and assure me that I'm not going crazy.

I like to have my truck's AC on 68, 72, or 74. But beyond that, naw. The drinking thing might be a bit much. But I'm glad you count the swallows. No homo.

he was asleep in your office? that IS bonkers.

but for real, sorry for your loss. Seeing a middle aged attorny simply die overnight is really upsetting for the rest of us middle-aged professionals.

Nah I’m the same way about anything with a fixed numerical value — temp in my house, volume, etc. Always assumed it was just a touch of OCD.

I don't know what sleep eating is.

I'm not about even numbers, but I definitely care about TV & radio volume. 10 is good 12 is good. 15 is good. I do not like 9 or 11 or 13 or 14.

I have similar feelings about other things involving numbers. Not sure why.

When I get really nervous, I need to touch things an even number of times with each hand or foot. Or like if something brushes against my left side, I need to make it also brush against my right side. But this is VERY rare... Only when I am really nervous about something. My wife picks up on it right away and thinks I'm a psycho.

And I always make sure the amount ends in 0 when I get gas.

Nah I’m the same way about anything with a fixed numerical value — temp in my house, volume, etc. Always assumed it was just a touch of OCD.

I've got the same compulsion my dudes. Although I don't count swallows or times I wipe my ass. But I do have to set certain things to an even number (smaller scale) or to a multiple of five if it is a 0-50 or 0-100 scale.

My wife was the first to point it out to me. Why do you always change the volume when you start watching something? Because watching on 17 instead 15 or 20 is heresy. Duh. And having the temperature on 67 opposed to 68 or 66 makes me uncomfortable.

I apparently get up at night and eat unconsciously. Usually shitty processed stuff that I wouldn't eat when I'm awake. Especially if the dog has to go out in the middle of the night or one of the kids wake up. I don't actually remember doing it, but I'll wake up in the morning and like a quarter of a gallon of milk will be gone, or cracker or chip bags will be left out or candy wrappers will be strewn all over the kitchen. I usually eat the snack food we buy for the kids. It happens 3-4 times a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back