• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point do y’all kick on the heat for your place? When you’re cold? A certain temp outside & suffer until it gets there? A certain date?

except for the days of the spring/fall we have our windows open, I ust keep our house at 71 basically all the time; sometimes i juice the heat or AC if the temps get into the extremes or we have extra humans in the house messing with the temp. the thermostat figures out the rest

It's a mess here in Atlanta. Heavy rain and winds all last night. Our power went out a few times (fine now) and our neighborhood lost a ton of trees (again). This is the 3rd tropical storm (remnants, at least) that have rolled throught in the last few months. I know nothing about trees, but I guess we've had more rain from each of these individual events than from any other individual event in the last 40 years... And that's supposedly bad for big ass pine trees.

No idea of the truth of that last statement, but can confirm that a shitload of pine trees came down last night.

I had planned on getting up around 5 to work this morning and getting a bunch done but after realizing we would likely lose power bagged that idea.

We lost power around 6. It’s still out. I had to come into the office because I have a filing deadline today.

My Joe Rogan bros(who also happen to be most of my best board bros) may wanna rethink their Rogan devotion after the Alex Jones interview. I’m not sure the kinda dude that denied Sandy Hook for damn near a decade needs that type of platform.

He had him on a year or so back. I tried to listen to that one, but couldn't make it all the way through.

It went like this:

AJ: incoherent rambling and yelling for ten minutes.

JR: You understand that sounds crazy, right?

AJ: defensive incoherent rambling and yelling for ten minutes

JR: Well, that just sounds insane. You understand why most people would think that is insane, right?

AJ: more rambling and screaming.

JR: OK. Look man, I've known you for a long time. We became friends at The Comedy Store a long time ago. I care about your well being, but you sound crazy.

Repeat for 3 hours.

My school lost power at 9:45 this morning and closed early. A school full of autistic children suddenly without WiFi and youtube? Excellent. Very chill and good times this morning

He had him on a year or so back. I tried to listen to that one, but couldn't make it all the way through.

It went like this:

AJ: incoherent rambling and yelling for ten minutes.

JR: You understand that sounds crazy, right?

AJ: defensive incoherent rambling and yelling for ten minutes

JR: Well, that just sounds insane. You understand why most people would think that is insane, right?

AJ: more rambling and screaming.

JR: OK. Look man, I've known you for a long time. We became friends at The Comedy Store a long time ago. I care about your well being, but you sound crazy.

Repeat for 3 hours.

I can confirm that this is exactly what the most current episode is. I gotta say, until now, I had heard of Alex Jones, but never really paid much attention him. Hearing Alex Jones on JRE cemented my distrust of Alex Jones and I think a ton of JRE listeners probably benefited the same. It was like getting Alex Jones on a non-home field advantage where he didn't get the opportunity to sculpt the landscape.

Sandy Hook denial makes me more irrationally angry than just about anything else. Anybody who supports that bullshit needs to be totally shut out of society.

Gotta have stuff like this brought into the light so that it can be slammed hard with truth. It thrives in obscurity and withers in the light of truth.

I can confirm that this is exactly what the most current episode is. I gotta say, until now, I had heard of Alex Jones, but never really paid much attention him. Hearing Alex Jones on JRE cemented my distrust of Alex Jones and I think a ton of JRE listeners probably benefited the same. It was like getting Alex Jones on a non-home field advantage where he didn't get the opportunity to sculpt the landscape.

Gotta have stuff like this brought into the light so that it can be slammed hard with truth. It thrives in obscurity and withers in the light of truth.

I’m not sure that the current political state of our country lends validity to that last assertion.

Strong disagree. And I think the way social media companies have amplified racist/bigoted/conspiratorial messaging pretty well disproves it.

the negative view on knight's take is that it's like fire and that giving it oxygen is what helps it grow

At what point do y’all kick on the heat for your place? When you’re cold? A certain temp outside & suffer until it gets there? A certain date?

I got down to 64 in my house and the trigger was pulled. I think under 65 is the limit.

Just spent the last two or three hours getting about four inches of water out of my wife’s uncle’s basement. On the same day cancer shut down his wife’s kidneys and the doctor gave her hours left. Dude is a preacher, and I’ve gotta say, I’m envious of the calm and grace his faith allows him to handle situations like today with.

Strong disagree. And I think the way social media companies have amplified racist/bigoted/conspiratorial messaging pretty well disproves it.

I think what knight might be saying (don't want to put words in anyone's mouth) is that in a 3 hour uncut interview, most sane people would say, man, that Alex Jones guy probably needs treatment. He really seems to have lost touch with reality.

To BBD's point, social media doesn't offer the same light. It is just misleading posts, memes and russians.

I think what knight might be saying (don't want to put words in anyone's mouth) is that in a 3 hour uncut interview, most sane people would say, man, that Alex Jones guy probably needs treatment. He really seems to have lost touch with reality.

To BBD's point, social media doesn't offer the same light. It is just misleading posts, memes and russians.

I mean it is what it is. I thought it was pretty entertaining, predictably nonsensical, and well moderated by Joe.

Pussification of America disagrees, whatever.

I think the best way to approach things is look at what BBD says and believe the opposite.

I mean look at this week in his guests he had Kanye, mathew mcconaughey, Maynard, and Alex Jones.

He is bringing in fat sacks for Spotify.

"He said a lot of crazy, but accurate things, and that's what I've been saying about him for years,"

Rogan on Alex Jone’s appearance on his podcast, according to BBC news. Maybe taken out of context, but it appears to validate Jones.

I mean it is what it is. I thought it was pretty entertaining, predictably nonsensical, and well moderated by Joe.

Pussification of America disagrees, whatever.

I think the best way to approach things is look at what BBD says and believe the opposite.

For you it is entertaining. For Sandy Hook parents who get death threats from Alex Jones/Infowars fans who have been convinced that they are crisis actors, it is not entertaining.

Always worth considering who the speech is harming when drawing the free speech line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back