• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: BIFF IS STEALING THE CHAT THREAD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He said a lot of crazy, but accurate things, and that's what I've been saying about him for years,"

Rogan on Alex Jone’s appearance on his podcast, according to BBC news. Maybe taken out of context, but it appears to validate Jones.

I wonder which "accurate" things he's referring to.

Best wishes to the family, btw.

This is nearly 100% of what I knew of Alex Jones prior to JRE.

I assume he is completely insane. Not retarded like Kanye, but just insane.

Yeah there is zero value to someone like an Alex Jones. No legitimate viewpoints just a complete raving lunatic. Bad look for Rogan.

And there’s nothing “pussified” about rejecting a guy who promotes the idea that the murder of dozens of children with assault rifles isn’t real.

Talking about insanity, being dumb and rants, 2&2 might have posted one of the longest and dumbest rants the boards have ever seen on the politics forum.

Yeah there is zero value to someone like an Alex Jones. No legitimate viewpoints just a complete raving lunatic. Bad look for Rogan.

"The Alex Jones Show is the 54th most popular radio program/podcast and the 18th most famous."

https://today.yougov.com/topics/media/explore/radio_program/The_Alex_Jones_Show

I really don't think the "starve the oxygen from it" holds up. Apparently millions of people listen to this asshat. Now, instead of just noncommittally shrugging when someone brings him up, I can say, "well, on JRE, he was a lunatic."

It was pretty big news when he was deplatformed for the sandy hook stuff, not sure how you missed that.

Focusing on YOUR reaction to his speech ignores the biggest danger with giving him a mouthpiece and loudspeaker: he has a fuck ton of crazy followers who take what he says as gospel.

It was pretty big news when he was deplatformed for the sandy hook stuff, not sure how you missed that.

Focusing on YOUR reaction to his speech ignores the biggest danger with giving him a mouthpiece and loudspeaker: he has a fuck ton of crazy followers who take what he says as gospel.

I think where we differ is that I don't view the JRE interview as a "mouthpiece and loudspeaker." When I listened (I think I'm 2 hours through it); JR has consistently said things like, "you're crazy," or "that sounds totally crazy." And then uses a quick google search to properly contextualize and debunk the crazy information that Jones spouts.

it doesn't matter what joe says - it matters that his audience is enormous and the very act of putting him on the show gives some validity to his ideas. he's not putting jones on there to make him look bad or discredit him.

I think where we differ is that I don't view the JRE interview as a "mouthpiece and loudspeaker." When I listened (I think I'm 2 hours through it); JR has consistently said things like, "you're crazy," or "that sounds totally crazy." And then uses a quick google search to properly contextualize and debunk the crazy information that Jones spouts.

And then Rogan came out and said that Alex said some “crazy but true” things. It’s completely irresponsible to give this guy a platform and then to validate his positions.

Just ran shirtless 2 days before Halloween and thought I was gonna die of heat exhaustion. This is scary.

For you it is entertaining. For Sandy Hook parents who get death threats from Alex Jones/Infowars fans who have been convinced that they are crisis actors, it is not entertaining.

Always worth considering who the speech is harming when drawing the free speech line.

The people making death threats should be prosecuted, but any dipshit who wants to deny Sandy Hook (or the Holocaust, or whatever) should have the absolute freedom to do so. The denial of the event doesn't harm anyone, or at least not in a way that our laws may permissibly protect against.

Stop being such a snowflake.

Just ran shirtless 2 days before Halloween and thought I was gonna die of heat exhaustion. This is scary.

On the plus side, having a damn hurricane come through in almost November should save me some future raking time by knocking off a ton of leaves all at once.

Yeah man, but did you know I learned from the JRE podcast with Alex Jones that Global Warming isn't real so now I'm a climate change denier?

The people making death threats should be prosecuted, but any dipshit who wants to deny Sandy Hook (or the Holocaust, or whatever) should have the absolute freedom to do so. The denial of the event doesn't harm anyone, or at least not in a way that our laws may permissibly protect against.

I love the "it's not illegal to say stupid stuff" line of reasoning in a discussion on whether or not someone should signal boost a lunatic

Ah great another “constitutional conservative” no one asked for to defend the indefensible and misapply the first amendment.

No one’s saying to lock the guy in jail. That’d be against the first amendment. It’s about podcasts like this one, or other companies exercising their legal rights to not put his bullshit on their platform. Which is not against the first amendment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back