• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Yunus Musah is the first name GGG puts on the starting XI sheet vs Wales

@me

You might be right. I've got Robinson, Zimmerman and Pulisic in that order but Musah is really coming along. His ability to progress from deep midfield is unique, especially against a press. Aaronson continues to impress as well. Weah needs to get healthy and win a starting spot at Lille if he's going to start I think. Good news that McKennie started and went 67 today after being injured in preseason.

Tyler Adams is #1 the first name on the sheet if healthy. Undroppable. He adds and does so much.

If John O'Brien stayed healthy he would have shown us what an American 6 could do. Unfortunately his knees exploded.

But he was the only 6 we've ever had they can do the things Adams can do. What a great player he is.

Anyone heard where the US - Japan match will be played in September? Going to be in Spain the following week and figured I'd head out early if its in Western Europe as initially rumored.

I saw one tweet that said Duisburg, Germany. Just a shot in the dark though

Off by 5 miles

You might be right. I've got Robinson, Zimmerman and Pulisic in that order but Musah is really coming along. His ability to progress from deep midfield is unique, especially against a press. Aaronson continues to impress as well. Weah needs to get healthy and win a starting spot at Lille if he's going to start I think. Good news that McKennie started and went 67 today after being injured in preseason.

I feel like Tyler Adams is a 100% lock for GGG

Tyler Adams is #1 the first name on the sheet if healthy. Undroppable. He adds and does so much.

All correct. Reality is Adams, McKennie, Pulisic, Musah, and Zimmerman are locks right now.

I'm still writing Musah down first :p

Sargent on the board for Norwich today. I think Ferreira, Vazquez, Pefok and Sargent are fighting for 2 spots with the first two in the driver's seat. Totally up in the air though based on form.

If John O'Brien stayed healthy he would have shown us what an American 6 could do. Unfortunately his knees exploded.

But he was the only 6 we've ever had they can do the things Adams can do. What a great player he is.

Man I loved that guy, feel like we were cheated out of something special.

Sargent on the board for Norwich today. I think Ferreira, Vazquez, Pefok and Sargent are fighting for 2 spots with the first two in the driver's seat. Totally up in the air though based on form.

You think we only take 2 even with the roster expanded to 26? Honestly think we might take 4…

I was thinking the #9 spot. I think Morris or Arriola might make the roster but I think of them more as wingers with Pulisic, Weah, Aaronson. Pepi, Hoppe, Dike, Zardes are all out of the picture in my mind. Pepi just hasn't found his place yet in Germany. He could catch fire, but I just don't see it this cycle.

GK (3): Turner, Steffen, Johnson
DEF (8): Robinson, Zimmerman, Long, Carter Vickers, Richards, Dest, Yedlin, Cannon
MID (7): Adams, McKennie, Musah, Acosta, De la Torre, Tillman, Reyna
FWD (7): Pulisic, Weah, Aaronson, Arriola, Vazquez, Morris, Ferreira

I guess I'm one short and Ream or a #9 would probably be my guess.

Don’t forget about Zardes. GGG loves him some gyasi.

GK (3): Turner, Steffen, Slonina
DEF (8): Robinson, Zimmerman, Long, Carter Vickers, Richards, Dest, Yedlin, Scally
FWD (8): Pulisic, Weah, Aaronson, Arriola, Vazquez, Morris, Ferreira, Pefok

That's my current prediction. I also think maybe one of Morris/Arriola gets booted for James Sands. GGG will have a boner than he can play defense or midfield if needed.

Sargent's goal was a beauty, btw

I know I'm in the minority on this but I still think Sargent is our top options at the 9. His hold up play is better than the other options and while he hasn't scored a ton the last year or so, that's mostly a function of playing out of position as a winger for Norwich. It would be great to see him a get a run of games at the 9 for the canaries.

GK (3): Turner, Steffen, Slonina
DEF (8): Robinson, Zimmerman, Long, Carter Vickers, Richards, Dest, Yedlin, Scally
FWD (8): Pulisic, Weah, Aaronson, Arriola, Vazquez, Morris, Ferreira, Pefok

That's my current prediction. I also think maybe one of Morris/Arriola gets booted for James Sands. GGG will have a boner than he can play defense or midfield if needed.

Perhaps this changes but almost everything we've seen from GGG suggests that Reyna is not going to play in the midfield.

I know I'm in the minority on this but I still think Sargent is our top options at the 9. His hold up play is better than the other options and while he hasn't scored a ton the last year or so, that's mostly a function of playing out of position as a winger for Norwich. It would be great to see him a get a run of games at the 9 for the canaries.

Vazquez grades out excellent in his hold up play. Maybe best in MLS? Obviously there's risk there. No experience with NT, only played in MLS, etc. But I think both physically and on paper, he fits that hold up role to perfection.

Agreed with you on Reyna not playing mid. Point was he's on the roster, haha

Pulisic and Dest to Manchester United? Ughhh. Probably would be good for our World Cup hopes, but that is not a side I want to pull for.

Back