• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

i don't understand how tatum is an all star

below league average FG%, 2P%, TS%, eFG%, just a tick above league avg 3P%

tobias harris is having a significantly better season off the top of my head, but i'm guessing we could think of half a dozen others too

LaMelo's improvement even just from the start of the season has been phenomenal. Whether from nerves or lack of physical strength or experience, he was very tentative finishing around the rim. Now he has realized he can blow by pretty much anyone whenever he wants, and if he goes strong with his size he is either going to finish or put the ref in a spot to call a foul. He made Ayton, who is a top-3 defensive center, look just silly on those plays. At 19, he outplayed All-Star CP3 down the stretch and it really wasn't even one of his better games. With an actual offseason and training camp he is going to be ridiculous.

We just need another reasonably serviceable athletic backup 5 to solidify the team. Zeller is effective but always getting hurt and Biyombo is fucking awful at this point. I'd jizz for Jarret Allen, but even somebody like Nerlens Noel or Javale McGee would work.

Not Andre Drummond? He’s actually available.

Not Andre Drummond? He’s actually available.

Eh, he is a source of argument amongst Hornets fans. The general thought is that he doesn't really fit the style and chemistry they have going on. They'd have to give up Zeller to get him for salary purposes and while in a vacuum Drummond is the superior player, Zeller fits that role Borrego needs the 5 to play a little better, at least on offense. But if he gets bought out and we could sign him for peanuts, then sure.

Makes sense. There are reasons he’s available, healthy, and not on another roster right now.

One of the most persistent rumors is Kyle Lowry's preference to finish the season at home with the Sixers, To get him, the Sixers would have to include Danny Green's expiring contract as well as Mike Scott's and probably Tony Bradley or Terrance Ferguson plus a 1st round pick.

That sounds like a lot for a purely rental player (Lowry wants something like a $60M for two years as a final contract which the Sixers can't offer, but may be able to do a sign-and-trade for him.

The Sixers would be giant up front and tiny in the back court with Lowry and Curry and Maxey coming off the bench. Thuybelle and Milton help with some size.

They could replace Scott with a player who gets bought out.

apetit's surprising(?) fact of the day: tristan thompson is only 29

Wow. He’s only a year older than Daniel Theis.

Derrick Favors being 29 blows my mind. Feels like he was at GT 20 years ago.

Derrick Favors being 29 blows my mind. Feels like he was at GT 20 years ago.

seriously -- Shump is another GT guy, only 30, who I thought was out the league until I heard his name recently

he peaked in that Kanye video

lotta smoke out there around where JC might be next year and it doesn't look like it's Atlanta

Last edited:
Wasn't Lou Williams down to UGA and Wake before going pro in 1990?

Thad Young is 32.

I didn't know Hassan was 31? thought he was younger than that, especially younger than TT

It will be interesting to see if Oladipo is traded. He'll be a free agent after the season.

Zion with 24/6/4 at the half vs. the Bucks. He’s stepped it up the few games.

Dallas- Oladipo, KAT
Minnesota- Porzingis, Josh Green, DAL 1st Round 2022, some pick swap?
Houston- Hardaway Jr, DAL 2nd rounder 2023, Tyrell Terry

apetit's surprising(?) fact of the day: neither mike bibby nor jalen rose ever made an all-star team.

as per usual, i've no evidence to back this up, but feels like in the 90s/00s basic counting stats were actually given more weight than today and nobody really talked about defense all that much.

That doesn’t explain why Anthony Mason’s only All-Star appearance was a season Rose averaged 20.5/5/6 or why Sprewell made it that same year with worse stats.

Rose’s numbers in his prime were better than I remembered but his prime coincided with the rise of AI, Vince, T-Mac, and Ray Allen.

Bibby was stuck behind Kidd, Nash, Payton’s later years at PG. Kobe locked down a guard spot too. Bibby was similar to Conley. Good player on bad teams or not good enough on good teams.

i'm also surprised that the kings only made a single WCF during their run in the 00s.

I wouldn’t call it a “run.” They were decent for a few years. That’s it for the Kings franchise.

Back