• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

There are definitely some NBA people who think more highly of him than me. Obviously he isn't putting up Shaq stats, but what he does well he does at an ELIte level. He is pretty well considered the best in the NBA at DHOs and high ball screens. Hence why a series of diminutive guards (Kemba, Devonte, Rozier) have all had their perimeter stats explode when playing with him - there is nobody near them when they shoot. His drop PnR coverage is also some of the best in the league. None of that really shows up attributable to him in the box score, but it most certainly affects winning and losing. For teams like Portland, Boston, this year's version of the Warriors, and even Atlanta he would immediately push them up to the next level of contention.

and yet, despite that the Hornets have not made the playoffs in five years and have been in the seller (Zeller?) position -- and despite your annual calls for a Zeller trade for a great return -- here he sits, still in Charlotte, with the Hornets on the outside looking in for the playoffs once more

You'd be lucky to one or two second round picks for Zeller.

The Hawks are fine at C.

The East is wide open. The Hornets shouldn’t be selling. They could build off a good playoff performance.

If the All Star is truly about entertainment, Boban should be on the team. He is among the most entertaining people in the NBA. Everyone loves Boban.

Probably as good as most of the league.

and yet, despite that the Hornets have not made the playoffs in five years and have been in the seller (Zeller?) position -- and despite your annual calls for a Zeller trade for a great return -- here he sits, still in Charlotte, with the Hornets on the outside looking in for the playoffs once more

I think they'll make the playoffs this year, especially if they trade for another bruiser big man. Too many guys who can create baskets.

The New York Knickerbockers are in 4th place in the Eastern Conference.

Collins had 34/10. One off his career high.

Two years ago, the Hawks probably thought they’d have two or three all-stars this season. Young, Collins, and/or whatever big free agent they brought in with all that cap space. Instead they have a never healthy squad of promising young guys and good veterans but they won’t have the best five on the court much of the game against good teams.

I don’t look at plus-minus that often. Tonight stands out. They lost by 10. Young and Collins were +9 and +7. Gallinari, Hill, and Rondo were -18, -19, and -17, respectively. Rondo only played 12 min.

Not really unless it's egregious. That's egregious.

Harrison Barnes is the Black Falcon?

back to back games of 15 Assists for CP. Had 19 a couple weeks ago vs the Pellies.

That Kings collapse was one of the worst things I've ever seen happen. Jesus.

i don’t know how but are MY zards are actually good?

Wizards have two truly elite guards. In today's NBA, that will take you far. They also have some competent bigs.

Most important, they have Ish.

Collins had 34/10. One off his career high.

Two years ago, the Hawks probably thought they’d have two or three all-stars this season. Young, Collins, and/or whatever big free agent they brought in with all that cap space. Instead they have a never healthy squad of promising young guys and good veterans but they won’t have the best five on the court much of the game against good teams.

Lloyd Pierce is genuinely doing a terrible job. His only go-to offensive ideas rely on pick and roll with Trae, and when teams double Trae he just has no answer for it.

JC absolutely dominated Miami when they were in a zone the entire 3rd quarter. I mean, he was destroying them from the interior of the zone. Then the Hawks just stopped giving him the ball in the 4th, even though Miami was still in the zone for the most part.

This season has been incredibly disappointing. Gallo was supposed to be a go-to bench scorer, and instead he's been mostly terrible within the offense as a ball-stopper. Reddish/Hunter were supposed to be reliable defensive wings with improving scoring, and we can't get either healthy. Bogdan broke his knee. Capela has been fantastic in every aspect, and the fit with JC is actually pretty great, but Pierce isn't doing nearly enough to maximize that combination. Trae has had a tendency to disappear at times. As of yet, the team has been worth way less than the sum of its (healthy) parts.

Trae was close to a quadruple double with seven TOs.

zeller might have some value this year since he's on an expiring contract

hornets do need a bruiser

Booker is really taking this apetit criticism personally.

Kyle Lowry has floated the idea of making Kobe Bryant the logo of the NBA, replacing the current one based on Jerry West.

Kobe was one of the great players of his generation, and deserves to be memorialized. I am not sure replacing one of the most recognizable symbols is the best way to do that. There are many other players with similar status they didn't die in helicopter crashes. Kareem, Wilt, Bill Russell, MJ are four I would put ahead of Kobe as defining the NBA.

How about Kobe on the logo raping that girl ?

Back