• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

He was the defensive coach and drew up plays for the Sixers in some tough years and the guys really seemed to love him

I think something he struggled with is that he made no effort to establish a defensive identity with the team early on. He said as much in interviews, his entire focus was on the offensive improvement during the tanking years. I’d argue that hurt this year when the team was expected to win, because there was no magic switch to flip to improve defensively. He may be a good defensive mind as an assistant, but that did not shine through when he was at the helm

managing superstars is a skill — Nash seems to be doing that pretty well

still seems to be experimenting a lot with lineups because there are different guys out there every time I watch

Michael Porter kinda looks like he could be a Ball brother when you look quickly

So far so good for the Nets. Bruce Brown started for KD and had 23 points. Nicolas Claxton had 17 off the bench. Can't beat the Nets if guys besides Harden and Kyrie are going off. Harden had 30/14/15 by the way.

Porter is looking good. Four straight double doubles. He had two games with double digit boards before that. 12-23 from deep in those games too.

apetit’s surprising(?) fact of the day: lonzo ball is apparently really good. if he gets traded i think he could be a difference maker

He just started going off a few weeks ago. Crazy. Lavar is getting the last laugh now.

I think something he struggled with is that he made no effort to establish a defensive identity with the team early on. He said as much in interviews, his entire focus was on the offensive improvement during the tanking years. I’d argue that hurt this year when the team was expected to win, because there was no magic switch to flip to improve defensively. He may be a good defensive mind as an assistant, but that did not shine through when he was at the helm

Yeah. Pierce didn't do a good coaching job, but the front office hasn't put him in a great position. First, they traded Luka after he fell into their laps. They've mostly made good picks otherwise, but they were clearly tanking and acquiring assets. They made a good trade for Capela. Their big plan was to get a big time FA this offseason. When that didn't pan out, they spent big money on Bogdanovic and Gallo. They didn't lock up Collins long term. They could have signed Collins, gotten some fill-in talent, and stayed lean and stuck with the young players, but they'd kind screwed themselves over with a deep roster that doesn't have a settled starting lineup. And in the best case scenario, they young talent pans out and they're starting Young/Huerter/Hunter/Collins/Capela with Reddish as the sixth man but they've got almost $40M committed to Bogdanovic and Gallo off the bench.

Ph you keep bringing up big time FA’s as something the Hawks missed on. What realistic option existed for them to make a run at either this upcoming offseason or last? I’m of the opinion that those options are/were scarce, and since they had the cap room might as well use it on guys like Bogdan/Gallo.

There wasn't. That's part of the problem. They kind of got screwed by the situation. COVID was a problem and teams are doing a good job locking up their big time free agents. They were decent signings, but having to settle lowered their ceiling while putting them in a "win now" situation. A good Hawks team should have a shot at bringing top FAs to ATL, but they aren't there yet. They needed to make the playoffs like the Clippers and Nets did before their big offseasons.

Last edited:
If Phoenix beats the Lakers tomorrow, they should be in the 2 seed.

Oh poor dumb Utah. Bojan Bog at the PF leads to a bunch of made 3's but...Zion plays PF for the Pels.

Gobert is locked up with Adams, so who's stopping or even getting in the way of Zion at PF?

Not Bojan Bog. Pels win.

Nobody's stopping Zion. I wasn't a big fan of Zion as the primary ballhandler a few weeks ago. It's just not what you'd expect. But his downhill game is close to Giannis and Lebron so it makes sense to take advantage of it. Lonzo seems to benefit from it too.

a couple sixers teams he had included simmons, embiid, nerlens noel, covington, etc, idk if he really has anywhere close to as much defensive talent in ATL

was painful watching Thaddeus Young try to defend Jokic last night

I like Young, but he was completely overpowered at the 5 -- Jokic put up 17 in the 4th

To be fair, it’s painful watching anybody beside Gobert, Embiid, and AD try to guard Nokic. He’d be top 3 for MVP if the Nugs had a better record.

a couple sixers teams he had included simmons, embiid, nerlens noel, covington, etc, idk if he really has anywhere close to as much defensive talent in ATL

A healthy Hunter and Capela should be able to anchor a good defense even with Trae and JC.

To be fair, it’s painful watching anybody beside Gobert, Embiid, and AD try to guard Nokic. He’d be top 3 for MVP if the Nugs had a better record.

Jokic is top 3 anyway despite their record.

Nobody here cares, but last night was the exact win the Sixers should look for all the time, opening up a huge lead and coasting to a comfortable win. Simmons and Embiid create so many open shots for their teammates, Simmons by driving and Embiid by double teams, and the bench and supporting cast rarely executes at the level of the stars. Last night Shake and Furkan really stepped up and hit shots. If the Sixers want to compete for a title, that's the blueprint.

I mean, Young is listed at 6'8" so it's not like I'm not lamenting the Bulls not having a DPOY candidate big

I'm lamenting not having a Tyler Zeller type

apetit’s surprising(?) fact of the day: among guards, luka doncic leads the nba in rebounds, but #2 is josh hart.

It's going to be interesting to see how large the offers for Hart will be in the off season.

Nobody's stopping Zion. I wasn't a big fan of Zion as the primary ballhandler a few weeks ago. It's just not what you'd expect. But his downhill game is close to Giannis and Lebron so it makes sense to take advantage of it. Lonzo seems to benefit from it too.

Well yeah, nobody can guard him, so why are they under .500? I mean get in his way maybe? Double team? Watching Bojan was comical.

Well yeah, nobody can guard him, so why are they under .500? I mean get in his way maybe? Double team? Watching Bojan was comical.

I think they have a lower ceiling than in the bubble after losing Grant. Like some of the other bubble stars, Murray has had trouble getting going. Milsap has been injured. Porter Jr was injured. Harris is still injured. They've been starting Morris, Barton, and Green at points. They'll make a run after the all-star game if they get healthy.

Got to share one my favorite random NBA websites.
https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2021/03...-san-antonio-spurs-trade-lamarcus-aldridge/2/

They come up with the most ridiculous trades:

Portland Trail Blazers Receive: F LaMarcus Aldridge
San Antonio Spurs Receive: C Jusuf Nurkic, G Rodney Hood, POR 2022 2nd Round Pick, POR 2026 2nd Round Pick
While it may not make too much sense to get rid of a guy like Jusuf Nurkic, who is a high-impact big man when healthy, for a veteran player in Aldridge who only has a couple of playing years left in this league, Portland needs all the help they can get in their frontcourt if they are to make a legit push for the NBA Finals this year.

I'd take Zach Collins in a body bag + a second rounder at this point. I think Aldridge is fine coming off the bench right now to give some scoring punch to the second unit, but I got an alert that he's out today.

Last edited:
Back