• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2020-21 NBA Finals - Milwaukee Bucks win the NBA Championship!

That Kings collapse was one of the worst things I've ever seen happen. Jesus.

That was shades of Duke/Maryland. Up 8 with 2 free throws and possession with 69 (haha) seconds to go and lose. I think the Hornets blow away every other team in the league in crunch-time stats. And they and the Nets are the only teams in the NBA who have had 3 different players score over 40 points in a game this season (Hayward, Rozier, and PJ Washington). I could see Monk and LaMelo being the 4th and 5th very soon the way they are both playing. It has gotten to the point where LaMelo goes for 24 and 12 assists last night and no big deal, just another routine game for the 19 year old.

Also, it must be noted that Eric Collins is having the GOAT season by an NBA play by play announcer. They win so many close games with so many highlights, and he authentically and believably loses his shit every single time. As Steph Curry said, Eric Collins is the only person in the NBA who never has a bad game.

Booker is really taking this apetit criticism personally.

i watched most of their game last night and he really did play well, feels like he's been getting a lot more of his buckets off assists which was a big piece of my earlier criticism. also i think they made a change in their rotation strategy lately and have been leaving booker in with the second unit where he does awesome, and always having either him or cp3 in the game at any given point in time. only wish he was a better spot-up 3 point shooter and less lazy on defense.

Pierce is a good dude. Not a good coach.

The Hawks need to make the playoffs this year. They don't have the luxury of waiting with this roster.

Damn deacon14 just putting the hit out on Lloyd Pierce.

Pierce is a good dude. Not a good coach.

The Hawks need to make the playoffs this year. They don't have the luxury of waiting with this roster.

Definitely the coach's fault because it can't be that the players aren't that good.

Maybe the new coach will get Trae Young to at least try on D. Whatever Clint Capela is being paid isn't enough. He has to clog the middle and cover up for Trae.

Damn deacon14 just putting the hit out on Lloyd Pierce.

Lol, nah, writing has been on the wall for a while. I agree with Ph, seems like a genuinely great dude, wasn’t ready to be a HC

Definitely the coach's fault because it can't be that the players aren't that good.

I take it you don’t watch many Hawks games? It’s been clear this whole year the team is underperforming relative to the talent level of Trae/JC/Capela with supporting pieces Hunter/Gallo/Reddish/Huerter.

Injuries have been a goddamn nightmare, but Pierce deserved to be fired. This isn’t a team with the talent to be a real contender or anything, but there have been way too many winnable games lost (often badly) that were the direct result of being outcoached.

Damn I wish Lloyd Pierce had thought of telling Trae Young to just try harder on D. Could have saved his job!

I wonder if you were a total moron in a previous life.

They’ve got plenty of good players. Not a perfect measure, but the Hawks probably have more players on more fantasy rosters than all but a few teams. But it’s not a great collection of talent at least not under Pierce and definitely not with their injury issues. They’d be better off if they had gotten one elite player this offseason instead of Bogdan, Gallo, and Rondo.

I agree that elite players make your team better.

I’ll cop to thinking Pierce would make a very good head coach. I’m bummed it hasn’t worked out in ATL.

No idea about Nash. It's pretty crazy that a first time coach has been trusted with one of the best offensive lineups of all time.

Nice back and forth action in this Nets-Spurs game by the way. Kyrie (3-3 3pt), Harden (10 ast), and DeRozan (15 pts, 6 ast, 7/8 fg) are playing very well. 57-54 Nets at the half.

I was definitely rooting hard for Pierce. He's a few days younger than me. Guys my age aren't young coaches anymore but still want to see them do well. I'm happy for Nate McMillan though. Didn't think he should have gotten fired. Pierce will end up on somebody's staff.

Pierce actually played with Nash at Santa Clara.

Last edited:
managing superstars is a skill — Nash seems to be doing that pretty well

still seems to be experimenting a lot with lineups because there are different guys out there every time I watch

Michael Porter kinda looks like he could be a Ball brother when you look quickly

He was the defensive coach and drew up plays for the Sixers in some tough years and the guys really seemed to love him

apetit’s surprising(?) fact of the day: lonzo ball is apparently really good. if he gets traded i think he could be a difference maker

Back