• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

EA Sports College Football 25 NIL deal with all 134 FBS teams; Wake officially in the game

I will be REALLY disappointed if that's what they try to do. Madden sucks. It has always sucked. That was the beauty of the NCAA football series. It had a completely different game engine from the Madden series, and it was far superior. The only NFL game (for modern consoles) that was ever worth a damn was ESPN NFL 2k5.

Very true. I bought last year's Madden out of boredom at the beginning of the pandemic and holy shit does it suck. The 2014 version of NCAA was a far superior game.

EtP1dcEXcAARNIu

Hartman would be an 82 overall. You can fight me on this, but we know its true. Roberson would be a 90.

I would always bench Price and Brendan Cross for Subway Sousa to run my offense.

Hartman would be an 82 overall. You can fight me on this, but we know its true. Roberson would be a 90.

Nah, Hartman is a 78 and Roberson an 85. Hartman is in the Tanner Price zone. Plus QBs were always a little lower rated than position players.

Newman would have been an 85 and Surratt an 88 this year due their draft hype. Boogie would also be around an 88.

Ugh....it's gonna be based on the Madden engine? I'm not sure what that means, does it mean it will play the way Madden games do? Because that SUCKS.. I hate the way Madden feels. The NCAA 2014 game was great.

I have a feeling they are going to lean heavily into the Ultimate Team "feature" that every EA game has, and thus focus less on the other modes. They'll want to grab as much money from micro-transactions as possible.

And I'm probably in the minority, but I'm less concerned with atmosphere and theatrics than gameplay and dynasty features. I want them to have the right stadiums, don't get me wrong, but having cheers and fight songs and stuff is lower on the totem pole for me.

I hope they bring back the Create-A-Team feature. I played the hell out of that. Being able to create logos on Photoshop and customize uniforms and stuff was just so much fun. Then bringing those teams into Dynasty made it very engaging.

I did random things like make a Tottenham Hotspur team with Navy/White unis, a Spider-Man team with Red/Blue unis, a Carolina Panthers feeder/minor league team with Panther Blue/Black/Silver scheme, a D-Generation X team with Green/Black unis, an nWo team with Black/White unis, or a Wolfpac (no 'k', aka NOT NCSU) team with Red/Black unis, an XBOX team with Neon Green/Black/White unis, a Charlotte Hornets team with Teal/Purple unis. Just all kinds of weird stuff. I was/am such a dork lol.

I also hope they don't do like other games and limit the number of years you can coach a dynasty. It was huge in 2014, like 50 or 60 years, which is fine, but games like FIFA limit you to 10 or 15 years, which is too low.

(If you can't tell, I really loved that game.)

Also, IDK if anyone has ever heard of this or tried it, but this is awesome:

I would create super-conferences and do a promotion/relegation system (ex, there would be four 16-team Power Conferences, four 12-team Minor Conferences, and two 8 team Mini Conferences (and 1 Independent Conference for the leftovers)...the Power/Minor Conferences would have 2 divisions each, and the 8 team Mini Conferences/Independents would be division-less ....the Conferences would be laid out like this:

SEC(16) > Big XII(12) \___Sun Belt(8)..\______________
ACC(16) > AAC(12)...../........................| Independents(3)
B1G(16) > MAC(12)......\____C-USA(8)../
Pac-12(16) > MWC(12)../

And based on the current lineup of FBS teams, the remaining 3 teams that aren't in those conferences would be Independents, and the Top 2 of the Independents would be promoted to the Sun-Belt/C-USA (one each) and replaced with the bottom team in those two conferences.

The addition of the CFP would make each Power Conference champion a semi-finalist, and the CFP winner would be the undisputed Champion of College Football since the promotion/relegation system would guarantee that the best teams are playing in the most important games. With the addition of the 12-team CFP coming soon you could do the champion of each Power/Minor conference with 4 At-Large teams. Or the champions of each of the 10 conferences and 2 At-Large teams, though having the 3rd Tier champs in the CFP would probably be a bad idea.

I spent so much time setting that stuff up, but it was worth it! It was also fun because after 10 years or so you'd end up with random stuff like Duke in the Pac-12, or Georgia State in the SEC.

If you guys have the time, and still have the game and XBOX360, I'd really suggest trying that. It takes a lot to keep track of, but a simple piece of paper to write down the bottom and top teams from each conference to remember who to promote/relegate the next season.

Anyway, can't wait for July 2023. Going to be awesome!

Last edited:
Also, IDK if anyone has ever heard of this or tried it, but this is awesome:

I would create super-conferences and do a promotion/relegation system (ex, there would be four 16-team Power Conferences, four 12-team Minor Conferences, and two 8 team Mini Conferences (and 1 Independent Conference for the leftovers)...the Power/Minor Conferences would have 2 divisions each, and the 8 team Mini Conferences/Independents would be division-less ....the Conferences would be laid out like this:

SEC(16) > Big XII(12) \___Sun Belt(8)..\______________
ACC(16) > AAC(12)...../........................| Independents(3)
B1G(16) > MAC(12)......\____C-USA(8)../
Pac-12(16) > MWC(12)../

And based on the current lineup of FBS teams, the remaining 3 teams that aren't in those conferences would be Independents, and the Top 2 of the Independents would be promoted to the Sun-Belt/C-USA (one each) and replaced with the bottom team in those two conferences.

The addition of the CFP would make each Power Conference champion a semi-finalist, and the CFP winner would be the undisputed Champion of College Football since the promotion/relegation system would guarantee that the best teams are playing in the most important games. With the addition of the 12-team CFP coming soon you could do the champion of each Power/Minor conference with 4 At-Large teams. Or the champions of each of the 10 conferences and 2 At-Large teams, though having the 3rd Tier champs in the CFP would probably be a bad idea.

I spent so much time setting that stuff up, but it was worth it! It was also fun because after 10 years or so you'd end up with random stuff like Duke in the Pac-12, or Georgia State in the SEC.

If you guys have the time, and still have the game and XBOX360, I'd really suggest trying that. It takes a lot to keep track of, but a simple piece of paper to write down the bottom and top teams from each conference to remember who to promote/relegate the next season.

Anyway, can't wait for July 2023. Going to be awesome!

Never messed with conferences too much in dynasty back in the day but that seems like a good time.

I think my favorite part of that mode was recruiting, I used to sink hours into the pre-season recruiting board trying to set up a great class. Hopefully they have a similar system in the new one.

Yea I loved recruiting too.

Though IDK if I liked the points system more than the previous versions where you'd do pitches and stuff...I can't really remember how they used to do it, but I remember not enjoying the basic points method of NCAA14, though I just watched a video on YouTube that is very in depth and looks like a lot of info I was never aware of that makes the recruiting more involved, which of course I love.

Which video?

This game is going to be nuts given that YouTube and Twitch are much more crucial to gaming now than in 2013. It’s going to be much easier to learn the game and harder to get over on other players.

Bad news. I guess that they need more time to get all the stadium and atmosphere assets from the schools. They may also need more time to negotiate with some schools as well.

But good news. There's a free-to-play football game coming to PC and MacOS some time in the Spring. It looks good and is confirmed to have single-player Dynasty and Franchise modes. It's highly customizable so NFL and college mods should be available pretty soon after release.

College football players will be in the new EA Sports College Football Game for the first time. Here’s what you need to know.

• EA Sports has contracted with OneTeam for group licensing, EA Sports confirmed in a statement to The Athletic. ESPN first reported the news.
  • The partnership allows players to opt into the game, using their name, image and likeness. Revenue distribution for players has not been determined.
  • The college football video game was discontinued after NCAA Football ’14 because of lawsuits of players’ name, image and likeness in the game.
  • The new game is set to come out in the summer of 2024.

What does this mean?​

It was the last, biggest hurdle for the game to happen. Players can simply sign an agreement to be in the game, and many but not all could have their faces scanned, like NFL players in Madden. OneTeam has worked with EA Sports on group licensing for other sports. If a player chooses not to opt in, a generic player and avatar will be used in their place. Barry Bonds was not in the old MVP Baseball video game series, instead filled by the fictional “Jon Dowd.”

More than 120 of the 133 FBS schools have committed to allowing their participation in the game through the Collegiate Licensing Company, but sources with EA Sports told The Athletic last year they expect to have all 133 teams. An expanded College Football Playoff is also likely to be in the game, as is the transfer portal, likely similar to free agency in pro sports games. The game is expected to only be on next-gen consoles such as PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. After a decade away, the game will finally be back.

If revenue distribution to the players hasn't yet been determined, then I don't think the biggest hurdle has been cleared yet.

If revenue distribution to the players hasn't yet been determined, then I don't think the biggest hurdle has been cleared yet.
This is one of the most NIL of all NIL opportunities out there. Scan of face being used in a game. EA Sports, send the money!!!!!

Long but informative interview with Matt Brown from Extra Points who has done a bunch of reporting on the development process.

Meanwhile Maximum Football is running out of time if it wants to release as an early alternative to EA CFB 25.

College football players can opt-in for $600 and a copy of the game. All 134 FBS teams will be in the game with 85 man rosters.

Last edited:
Back