• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Yeah, because the Saints and Falcons are both going 12-4.

I see the Falcons as #4 in the division. No idea what to expect from the Saints. I could see them winning 6-7 on the low side or maybe 11 or so if Jameis works out well. I wouldn't be astonished if the entire NFCW made the playoffs. Also wouldn't be surprised if both Dallas and WTF win 9-10 each and make it.

Are we really not doing anything else to address the offensive line?

it's so unlike the Panthers to be mediocre or kinda good

Suck or be mediocre for Watson for another year? It's looking as though Watson won't play this year, but I think you're the big favorite to get him next offseason. It's a shame for the sport that 2 talents like Watson and Rodgers have a strong chance of not playing this year.

The Panthers have had 7 seasons with 11+ wins and only 3 seasons with fewer than 5 wins out of 26 seasons.

By contrast, our expansion brethren the Jags have had 5 seasons with 11+ wins and 6 seasons with fewer than 5 wins.

I think we'll be pretty good this season

Really good if Darnold is a top 15 starting QB

We have a top level RB and WR but our QB, TE, and OL are pretty weak. I think the defense will have some very good games and a few head scratchers. Looks like an 8 or 9 win team that could win or lose to anybody.

We have a top level RB and WR but our QB, TE, and OL are pretty weak. I think the defense will have some very good games and a few head scratchers. Looks like an 8 or 9 win team that could win or lose to anybody.

I completely agree. I think our defense will be one of the most improved, but the offensive line really worries me. The difference between 6-7 wins and 9-10 is probably Darnold.

honestly i thought we were one of the worst teams in the league going into last season

and that was when i thought cmc was healthy

so i'm optimistic we'll be pretty pretty good since the roster is upgraded across the board

I think we'll be pretty good this season

Really good if Darnold is a top 15 starting QB

Top 15 will be tough. There's Allen, Jackson, Burrow, Mayfield, a probably rejuvenated Wentz not throwing from his back, Tannehill, Carr, Mahomes, Herbert, Prescott, Ryan, Brady, Stafford, Wilson, whoever starts for SF, Murray and Rodgers and Watson if they play. That's not including a possibly healthy Cam or the rookies, and I think 1 or 2 will have strong rookie seasons. Darnold will have some really good games against mediocre Ds, but put him up against a good D with a creative DC, and it'll be a 2-3 TO game. He and Goff are from the same mold.

I think it's really hard to judge Darnold solely based on his Jets years. Look at Tannehill then and now.

I think it's really hard to judge Darnold solely based on his Jets years. Look at Tannehill then and now.

Okay then, his USC years: 27 starts, 22 picks, 20 fumbles with 14 lost. Tannehill never had the TO problem to Darnold's extent. He had good 3rd and 4th years on mediocre teams earning him a big contract, then he had 3 straight injury riddled seasons on bad teams, ala Garappolo. Goff is the more apt comparison, and good DCs can get in their heads. I think Rhule is a good coach who can coach Darnold up to where he'll be an improvement over Bridgewater, but I doubt he'll ever be a consistent top 15-20 QB.

Back