• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tourney Time: WF v. ND - Tuesday 7 pm ACCN

'21 - Game 3 - 7pm - #11 ND, #14 WFU

'20 - Game 1 - 4:30pm - #13 Pittsburgh 81, #12 WFU 72 - LOSS
'19 - Game 1 - 12pm - #12 Miami 79, #13 WFU 71 - LOSS
'18 - Game 3 - 7pm - #11 Syracuse 73, #14 WFU 64 - LOSS
'17 - Game 2 - 2pm - #15 BC 78, #10 WFU 92 - WIN
'16 - Game 1 - 12pm - #12 NC State 75, #13 WFU 72 - LOSS
'15 - Game 2 - 3pm - #14 VT 81, #11 WFU 80 - LOSS
'14 - Game 1 - 1pm - #13 ND 69, #12 WFU 81 - WIN
'13 - Game 3 - 7pm - #7 Maryland 75, #10 WFU 62 - LOSS

That's as far as I am going to go back.

The 2018 game in Brooklyn was a night game, almost positive. Lost to Syracuse and Barclays was very orange.

Yeah, I remember being at a work conference in Orlando and watching that game in the bar with a bunch of clients who wondered why I gave a shit.

VERY Orange

And not as close as the final score indicated.

I admire your optimism. First, need to find some players. Hopefully help is on the way.

Watch some Cam and McCray highlights, you'll feel better.

We need to get Ingraham back and healthy, but assuming that happens we really just need one legit 4 as a transfer to make some serious strides as a program. There's reason for optimism.

Watch some Cam and McCray highlights, you'll feel better.

We need to get Ingraham back and healthy, but assuming that happens we really just need one legit 4 as a transfer to make some serious strides as a program. There's reason for optimism.

Generally agree with this. Would add that we need Carter Whitt to make a big jump in the off-season (and I think it will happen). I'm still fully behind Whitt as a player and give him a pass for the season as he was put in a next to impossible situation by playing immediately on the ACC level with no off-season and no pre-season (any other year, Whitt would've redshirted). You can see a lot of what he does would've effective against HS players; this is a different level, and Whitt has made some adjustments.

With all that said, he has been mostly terrible this year. Pretty sure Whitt is the lowest rated offensive player in the ACC to get regular minutes; he turns it over almost 40% of the time when he is involved in an offensive possession which is ridiculously high. So, for WF to make serious strides, Whitt has to significantly develop because Williamson is more of a combo guard, and McCray will be a true frosh. Solid PG play positively impacts all other aspects of a team. If Whitt makes the jump and WF gets a legit helpful big, then next year could be totally different.

Last edited:
The 2018 game in Brooklyn was a night game, almost positive. Lost to Syracuse and Barclays was very orange.

Was that the game where that toothpick for Cuse had a career game? Like we couldn't stop a dude that looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks. Dolajey or something?

Was that the game where that toothpick for Cuse had a career game? Like we couldn't stop a dude that looked like he hadn't eaten in weeks. Dolajey or something?

Dolezaj

He's actually a senior this year and plays almost all of their minutes at C. Has been a solid 10/5 guy for the last couple of years.

Had 20 and 4 against us that night.

Good call. A freshman Marek Dolezaj had 20 that night (3 seasons and 100 games later, that game remains the 2nd highest scoring game of his career); Bryant Crawford led all scorers with 22. Dolezaj still playing for Cuse; he's still super-skinny, and unbelievably, he could return to Cuse next year.

haha yep. Marek Dolezaj. He's a senior this year -- lost a tooth and was sad he couldn't eat pizza for like 2 weeks.

The 4-guard lineup really was Danny's undoing that year, and he stuck with it till the bitter end.

I remember myself and former Burlington coworker/brother being amazed that Keyshawn Woods could pronounce Dolezaj's name correctly (because we sure as shit couldn't). Also remember Keyshawn had gone through Senior Night and we were told repeatedly that it was just because he was graduating, there was no way he wasn't coming back. I asked him pretty directly if he was coming back and he gave a very noncommittal answer. Couldn't have been more than 3-4 weeks after that that he was gone.

And that's all for this trip down memory lane. haha.

We are all in desperate need of a Men in Black style memory wipe

I remember myself and former Burlington coworker/brother being amazed that Keyshawn Woods could pronounce Dolezaj's name correctly (because we sure as shit couldn't). Also remember Keyshawn had gone through Senior Night and we were told repeatedly that it was just because he was graduating, there was no way he wasn't coming back. I asked him pretty directly if he was coming back and he gave a very noncommittal answer. Couldn't have been more than 3-4 weeks after that that he was gone.

The Woods transfer, more than any other transfer/departure in recent memory, is why I'll wait to hear directly from every member of our roster (via Twitter/IG/etc) before I assume they're coming back.

I didn't understand Doral Moore or Bryant Crawford leaving. Dinos leaving made sense given the dollars. Collins was kind of a no brainer. But none of those guys really said they were returning before leaving... I feel like Woods was supposedly coming back for sure. Until he wasn't.

We are all in desperate need of a Men in Black style memory wipe

Apparently I already got it. I can't remember any details from any of these Tuesday games much less which Cuse freshman went off against us.

i remember when we were beating them soundly in an espn game then we got destroyed by a full court press and choked it away when they had preston shumpert

What would you guys sacrifice in order for Wake to become a perennial contender?

It's sad when ESPN isn't picking up some ACC tourney games. I still kinda marvel that we get B-10N and SECN but not ACCN in central VA.

The ACC quarters, semis and finals are all on ESPN or ESPN2.

i remember when we were beating them soundly in an espn game then we got destroyed by a full court press and choked it away when they had preston shumpert

I believe that was the pre-season NIT under Skip.

Back