• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the bottom 1% of shitting less than 5 times a day and pissing less than 20

Wut that sounds crazy. Haven’t been there yet, that’s the new place from the Bull City Burger folks right? I worked in University Tower for a bit before we moved offices (and now covid obviously) and there’s some decent stuff going in over there.

yep, same ownership group. It's pretty good. Burritos are B+ but they have these flour tortilla chips that are my favorite chips in Durham. Salsa is solid too.

The new Alpaca that is down there by South Square is my favorite location now.

It's bad news guys. I've had bladder and GI issues since high school.

Ask PhysDeac...My organs aren't in great shape.

I might be more worried about the >5 times shitting than the >20 times pissing.

The beer shits can make that happen, I've had much more regulated bowels since switching to wine, also probably drinking less alcohol overall because a 6'er of sculpin doesn't get me that hungover but if I housed 2 bottles of wine, which has roughly the same alcoholic content, I'd have to call outta work the next day.

Uggh. Pulled a muscle in my chest at the gym. Now it hurts to breathe.

the fact that I don't know how to answer that question should tell you a lot

I think I'm a 3.5 moving toward a 4.0 -- pretty comfortable with my forehand and a good enough first serve; second serve and backhand are weak; I'm tall and long-armed, so I try to work my way to the net and feel comfortable there

I'm trying to take things a little seriously for the first time, so looking to up my equipment, maybe take a couple lessons, maybe find a 3.5 or 4.0 tournament once a year or so

hard part is finding the right people to play with to get better
I used to play constantly up until about 2007 when a friend of mine convinced me to run a marathon, so I stopped playing for a really long time. In 2019 I found out about a local league by accident, fast forward two years and I'm somehow vice president. It's really fun and we play Quads, doubles only, and every week you play with the other three players in your Quad. Whoever wins the most games moves up a Quad, whoever wins the least goes down. I'm surprised about how hooked I got on it, and I even got my wife to join and we'll drive to add from the park strategizing.

Whoa no early morning CT banter? Weird.

I was woken up by a car alarm around 5:30 and have been up since. My whole body is in pain from my second jab.

Whoa no early morning CT banter? Weird.

I was woken up by a car alarm around 5:30 and have been up since. My whole body is in pain from my second jab.

We move the banter to mafia. It still begins at 4 am.

Hi do u have more room in the bottom 1% for this one

Have either of you 2 ever challenged a random stranger to a $500 crossfit bet online? I'm gonna need you to move on over.

How do you even play mafia on here?

Been afraid to ask

Generally you just do the exact opposite of whatever I do.

It's pretty amazing, and you kinda just have to jump in to learn. You can follow the game thread now to get a feel for it, and then sign up the next game and we will explain it to you as it goes along.

Bottom 1% at posting speed - I very rarely post something without thinking through it. In convos I’ll have a good input but the convo whizzes to another topic so I miss my window to share it. Trying to get better about this and being involved in the chat threads helps with this.

Hope everyone is taking time to celebrate today's holiday dedicated to everyone's favorite vice -- National Cold Brew Day !

I used to play constantly up until about 2007 when a friend of mine convinced me to run a marathon, so I stopped playing for a really long time. In 2019 I found out about a local league by accident, fast forward two years and I'm somehow vice president. It's really fun and we play Quads, doubles only, and every week you play with the other three players in your Quad. Whoever wins the most games moves up a Quad, whoever wins the least goes down. I'm surprised about how hooked I got on it, and I even got my wife to join and we'll drive to add from the park strategizing.

very cool

I'm trying to figure out how seriously I want to take this and what that would look like -- it feels like the options are pay a ton of money to join a club or continue playing public park tennis

not a lot of options in between, especially if you want to spend some time to get better but not pay out the ass for it and maybe do a tournament a year or so among like-skilled players

plus, public parks near me have a much higher demand than courts, which you love to see, but it can be frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back