• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat thread 95: old people can't hang anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
EzXKv01UUAw_79n

Going to chat thread for job advice

3 options:

1. Accept promotion in current dept with heavy workload (manage 30 people call center)
2. Accept promotion in new dept with avg workload
3. Stay in current role with light workload

I’m interviewing for #2 next week and it’s my top option, #1 my boss says the role is mine if I want it but the stress scares me

Between 1 and 2, which is likely to get you to the big money job with slightly above average workload ?

Was this a power slide gone wrong in mario kart or what?

I'm really not sure exactly when it happened. Rocket League gets TENSE sometimes though. Won my first Season 3 tourney last night so maybe it was all worth it.

3 options:

1. Accept promotion in current dept with heavy workload (manage 30 people call center)

I’m interviewing for #2 next week and it’s my top option, #1 my boss says the role is mine if I want it but the stress scares me

good luck with whatever you decide. I've got round 4 today with the C-suite and I'm hoping it's a formality since the hiring manager is also on the call, so hopefully just introducing me, getting to know me. but I'm prepping to be grilled just in case.

what i've gathered from this discussion is that we are all in peak performance shape.

sometimes you can try do most everything right health wise and then still you can unclip a bungee cord weirdly and jack up your shoulder for 10 days. Part of my glamorous aging process.

3 options:

What % type of raise are we talking about and how will the money be used/change your life?

Starting up our school soccer club today and we're going to have like 1/5 of the school staying after to play. This program might take off far sooner than I thought. The ESL Academy teachers love it and want to help run it with me. Give me two years and we're going to bang NCHSAA 1-A.

Between 1 and 2, which is likely to get you to the big money job with slightly above average workload ?
2 because I already have a good relationship with my potential new boss and she is well liked / respected in the org

good luck with whatever you decide. I've got round 4 today with the C-suite and I'm hoping it's a formality since the hiring manager is also on the call, so hopefully just introducing me, getting to know me. but I'm prepping to be grilled just in case.
nice, good luck to you as well, to your point it is probably just a formality and a classy thing for your hiring manager to do

20% for 1, not sure on 2
Free up wife to get new job (her job sucks, super stressful)

So you get the more stressful job and she gets the easier job? That sounds like a pass to me.

How does any of this relate to you getting to play more golf ?

Would need like a 60% bump to go work for some broad.

I've seen a lot of really good movies where the guy goes to work for a female boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back