• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Lol. Same guy today posted about wanting a replica Jefferson Davis statue on the Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library page

Nothing says that you're in favor of racial and ethnic reconciliation, or even that you think racism is a sin, quite like supporting raising statues in honor of Jefferson Davis. I'm sure that his opposition to CRT (or whatever he thinks it is) has nothing to do with his apparent admiration for the former Confederate President.

Well, he did lead his country through a very difficult period in its history.

I read somewhere that it was "dangerous"

Yes, very much so.

To take just one example, CRT teaches that Black people on juries should nullify in any case in which there is a Black defendant. If this were to happen, many criminals--some of them very "dangerous" people, to use a word I read somewhere--would go free, emboldened to commit more crimes. Further, if this were to happen, our criminal justice system would break down within 6 months. Some of the nuttier nutbags on here might thing that's a good thing, but I feel confident in saying that anarchy would not be a safer state of affairs.

Last edited:
This fucking asshole. This dumbass tells us to read Heller even though we’ve been living it with daily mass shootings but he can’t even be bothered to read the least bit of actual CRT. I wonder if this guy has read any actual scholarship by a Black woman before.

Glug glug

LOL. Cite some sources. Show me five prominent CRT scholars who have written that Black jurists should nullify cases with Black defendants. Otherwise, you’re just another hateful fool screaming whatever nonsense makes pathetic white people more angry.

Yes, very much so.

To take just one example, CRT teaches that Black people on juries should nullify in any case in which there is a Black defendant. If this were to happen, many criminals--some of them very "dangerous" people, to use a word I read somewhere--would go free, emboldened to commit more crimes. Further, if this were to happen, our criminal justice system would break down within 6 months. Some of the nuttier nutbags on here might thing that's a good thing, but I feel confident in saying that anarchy would not a safer state of affairs.

what on earth? first, CRT doesn't teach anything. it's an critical school of inquiry. adherents who are educators may teach CRT and advocate for jury nullification, but that's not really associated with CRT from my understanding of the school of inquiry. second, CRT has been around for 35-some years at this point, so I'm not sure why you are scared of a critical school of inquiry inciting anarchy?

this is one of the weirder posts I think I have read from you, Junebug.

LOL. Cite some sources. Show me five prominent CRT scholars who have written that Black jurists should nullify cases with Black defendants. Otherwise, you’re just another hateful fool screaming whatever nonsense makes pathetic white people more angry.

I would have thought someone with as much time on his hands would have read Paul Butler. I guess not.

Junebug: I haven't engaged with CRT in decades
Also Junebug: Here is something absurdly specific that CRT teaches and would lead to societal breakdown

I would have thought someone with as much time on his hands would have read Paul Butler. I guess not.

That’s not a citation. That’s another attempt at trolling.

Also Junebug: Here is something absurdly specific that CRT teaches and would lead to societal breakdown

Although I won’t claim to remember everything I read in law school, you should consider the possibility that others have better recall than you do. We can’t all be beach bums.

Why would I read a Yale Law Journal article? And why would I teach one?

Lawyers love thinking they world revolves around them.

At least we know this dumbass doesn’t know what a citation is.

Last edited:
I take it from your responses that you disagree with Professor Butler?

In a matter of minutes Ph goes from “Junebug is fearmongering!!1!-!” to “This Butler guys has some pretty good ideas!”

This guy takes over a week to come up with a specific example of something that is "dangerous" about CRT and:
1. It's super specific from one guy
2. That he supposedly recalled from memory from law school
3. That he doesn't cite
4. And completely sidesteps the main focus of CRT

…who appears to be talking about using jury nullification as a corrective towards a better justice in an unjust system for some folks accused of nonviolent crimes.

BBD: I don’t know anything about this topic.

Also BBD: Junebug is saying it so it must be wrong.

Yes, very much so.

To take just one example, CRT teaches that Black people on juries should nullify in any case in which there is a Black defendant. If this were to happen, many criminals--some of them very "dangerous" people, to use a word I read somewhere--would go free, emboldened to commit more crimes. Further, if this were to happen, our criminal justice system would break down within 6 months. Some of the nuttier nutbags on here might thing that's a good thing, but I feel confident in saying that anarchy would not be a safer state of affairs.

I don't think that outside of nonviolent crimes, nullification is typically something that jurors consider, because jurors have good sense. So if they think it's someone likely to cause serious physical harm, then they're better off with that person not being on the street. But if it's a nonviolent offender, and it's a case in which people are selectively prosecuted, with drug crimes being the prime example of that, then I think jurors should consider nullification.

I made no comment about what Butler wrote. I hadn't read it.

But Junebug quoted himself to show that I did.

I know conservatives don't believe in therapy, but Junebug please get help.

Back