• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Team Sheep Week 3: Congrats mako and The Admiral!

Townie check mako's answers again, no way he won, I refuse to believe it

I'd also like to lodge a protest of the combining of broth and stock which are 2 different things.

My answer was Broth/Stock. The differences are minimal. One is made using meat and/vegetables, the other is made using bones.

My homemade chicken stock is made using a roast chicken carcass that has meat and bones (and vegetables).

broth and stock are not the same but serve the same function as an ingredient in a soup

you wouldn't likely use both in the same soup, for example, whereas you might use a carrot and an onion (both of which are vegetables, and i didn't group those with vegetables much like i didn't group chicken broth with broth) or salt and oregano. of course, water serves a similar function, but unless you're making Hot Ham Water, you're likely using the water to first develop the flavor of a stock or broth, and not in the place of a stock or broth.

also grouping is hard. get over it and choose good answers.

the broth and stock they sell right next to each other at the store look exactly the same to the point where it never occurs to me to distinguish between them

Sorry for the long delay and problems with calculation, and thanks to our independent verifier. Here are updated week 3 team scores and overall season team and individual standings:

Evil7LB.png

3LjIUs4.png

9wuIahu.png

in another team ineptitude not top ten moment, approximately 75% of people got higher scores after the regrade, and most teams went up by 25-30 points. We had 3 people DECREASE our scores and increased our net by just 15 points. We truly are inept. Even in scoring corrections, we suck.

no, i'm traveling tomorrow, we'll be back next week

in another team ineptitude not top ten moment, approximately 75% of people got higher scores after the regrade, and most teams went up by 25-30 points. We had 3 people DECREASE our scores and increased our net by just 15 points. We truly are inept. Even in scoring corrections, we suck.

Huzzah

broth and stock are not the same but serve the same function as an ingredient in a soup

you wouldn't likely use both in the same soup, for example, whereas you might use a carrot and an onion (both of which are vegetables, and i didn't group those with vegetables much like i didn't group chicken broth with broth) or salt and oregano. of course, water serves a similar function, but unless you're making Hot Ham Water, you're likely using the water to first develop the flavor of a stock or broth, and not in the place of a stock or broth.

also grouping is hard. get over it and choose good answers.

Most of the joy in this comes in the post-game bitchfest when you are as mediocre as I am. Don't ever feel the need to explain. I got close to the podium and wanted to weasel my way up by bringing others down. #sheep@itsfinest

I was over it before I started whining but occasionally I don't know when the amusement has run it's course.

the broth and stock they sell right next to each other at the store look exactly the same to the point where it never occurs to me to distinguish between them

There is a reason you are on team ineptitude

Back