• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

I would also imagine that Clawson upped the budget for this staff with his new contract, so we could add more folks.

That's what I think as well. Georgia and Bama have close to 50 support staff members. Wake has a little more than 30. Imagine that Clawson would like to see that number get close to 40 by next year.

Todd Bates at Clemson is being poached by Venables at OU. Definitely relevant to Clemson recruiting and the ACC.

Todd Bates at Clemson is being poached by Venables at OU. Definitely relevant to Clemson recruiting and the ACC.

Huge coaching losses/turnover at Clemson. Think it will take a while for them to recover. Besides their ‘down’ season for 2021, their incoming recruiting class only has 12 players and is ranked 24. They’re typically a top 5. Wake is rising. Clemson has fallen somewhat. Next season in W-S will be a big game.

Huge coaching losses/turnover at Clemson. Think it will take a while for them to recover. Besides their ‘down’ season for 2021, their incoming recruiting class only has 12 players and is ranked 24. They’re typically a top 5. Wake is rising. Clemson has fallen somewhat. Next season in W-S will be a big game.

Are all major recruits already signed early? With NIL deals, it probably would behoove some studs to hold out until spring.

Duke is hiring the Memphis OC.

I don't know much about him, but his bio shows him bouncing back and forth between high major and mid major. And looks like the Memphis offense tanked when Norvell left, and he started to actually call plays (I am sure some of that was talent loss though). So not too worried about this one. He also wouldn't have called plays at Indiana (with Kevin Wilson) or Texas Tech (with Kingsbury)

Last edited:

Clemson should have a hiccup, with losing now the D-line coach on top of losing both Coordinators. But don't cry for Dabo too much. He has 34 juniors and seniors on next year's roster. Wake has about 25 by my count.

From my seats behind the Clemson bench this fall, Clemson had superior speed to WF all over the field. Offense, defense, special teams. I expect that to be the case again in 2022.

let me just say that i am really, really happy that we were able to extend Clawson

Harbaugh can see that tOSU (as does Bama, UGA) continues to recruit on another level from Michigan and as a result, his stock has likely peaked at Michigan. Beating tOSU was great, but if Michigan goes 8-4 next year with a loss at tOSU, he's back on the hotseat.

Harbaugh can see that tOSU (as does Bama, UGA) continues to recruit on another level from Michigan and as a result, his stock has likely peaked at Michigan. Beating tOSU was great, but if Michigan goes 8-4 next year with a loss at tOSU, he's back on the hotseat.

Literally every single year there have been supposed reports that Harbaugh is going back to the NFL. Every. Single. Year.

Edited to add that as a Michigan fan, I'm definitely all about using this assessment to Pilch Harbaugh to the next level.

Last edited:
Literally every single year there have been supposed reports that Harbaugh is going back to the NFL. Every. Single. Year.

Yeah, but this time it isn't about Stephen Ross and the Dolphins, so it might actually be true!

Tech hired Chris Weinke to be their QB coach. Had no idea he's been coaching in college and the NFL for several years.

So gross. You’ve got the money to hire literally anyone and you decide on a guy who was a pretty direct contributor to a kid dying during practice. Just one more reason to dislike A&M (as if I needed one).

Jay Bateman supposedly out as DC at Carolina. Good riddance ya cheater.

Back