• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Let's hope UNC never realizes their problem is Mack Brown and not the assistant coaches.

Mack is truly stuck in 2005.

Oh this is delicious. The guy hasn’t even coached since he was the DC at UNC in 2016. I’m sure he will be able to bring them some fresh and innovative ideas for the current CFB landscape.

We got Lambert and UNC got some forgotten dude.

I mean, come on. He’s a good coach with an impressive record of experience, and a major upgrade from Bateman.

I mean, come on. He’s a good coach with an impressive record of experience, and a major upgrade from Bateman.

He might be an upgrade from Bateman but he’s definitely a retread. Hiring someone who has been out of the profession for 6 years is never a good sign. I would not be happy if we hired him.

Looks like Chizik is the AHC for Defense and the co-DC and i assume playcaller will be Charlton Warren who was Indiana's DC last year. Wonder if they go with Chizik's Tampa 2 or the 4-2-5 that Warren ran at Indiana.

Warren has strong experience as an assistant but Indiana was one of the worst defenses in the country in his one year as a DC. Maybe Chizik is coming in to mentor Warren.

Mack looking to bring all of the coaches with natty rings won in spite of their own efforts to CH. Look for Ed Orgeron to join the staff in 2023. I would also add Jimbo to the list, but I assume 8-4 is good enough at TAMU to keep him employed long after Mack Brown is (re)retired.

Mack looking to bring all of the coaches with natty rings won in spite of their own efforts to CH. Look for Ed Orgeron to join the staff in 2023. I would also add Jimbo to the list, but I assume 8-4 is good enough at TAMU to keep him employed long after Mack Brown is (re)retired.

Les Miles? UNC Special Teams coach?

Ha...RJ over on one of the Wake Facebook fan groups answering the question that no one asked, assuring everyone that his "sources" very close to the situation assure him Clawson isn't going to Michigan.

He might be an upgrade from Bateman but he’s definitely a retread. Hiring someone who has been out of the profession for 6 years is never a good sign. I would not be happy if we hired him.

Chizik could have taken a DC job at pretty much anytime if that's what he wanted to do. The guy can coach.

UVa hires Air Force DC John Rudzinski. Air Force finished the 2021 season ranked No. 4 nationally in total defense (296.5 yards per game allowed) and No. 16 in scoring defense (19.8 points per game allowed).

UVa hires Air Force DC John Rudzinski. Air Force finished the 2021 season ranked No. 4 nationally in total defense (296.5 yards per game allowed) and No. 16 in scoring defense (19.8 points per game allowed).

That’s a bit skewed given Air Force’s Time of Possession.

Pitt is hiring BC’s OC for the same position. Theoretically, I like this since we play BC every year.

Back