• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Championship Week

The ACC bowl ties are horrible.

CBS has ND and Pitt getting the Peach. After that, the following opponents:

Sun - Oregon State
Gator - Auburn
Duke’s Mayo - Tennessee
Cheez-Its - Iowa State
Pinstripe - Minnesota
Fenway - ECU
Holiday - UCLA
Military - UCF
Gasparilla - Western Michigan

Not a single ranked team.

ESPN has Wake vs. Notre Dame in the Peach Bowl.

I guess beggars can’t be choosers but not thrilled at possible opponents of ND or Cincy

There’s pretty much no way I’d go to the Peach Bowl to see us play Cincinnati or Notre Dame.

LOL. It would be disappointing to finally make the Peach Bowl and play a team we play every few years or another charter Metro Conference team. But I'll definitely go.

I guess if Bama doesn’t make the CFP we could get them or Ole Miss, whichever the Sugar doesn’t take.

ND would be terrible and Cincy feels very much like it would be billed as a second tier matchup of nice story, not real contender teams.

I guess if Bama doesn’t make the CFP we could get them or Ole Miss, whichever the Sugar doesn’t take.

I definitely, definitely don’t want to see a matchup against Bama. We’d have to quadruple team Jameson Williams.

Wake played in the first Gator Bowl against South Carolina.

January 1, 1946

Gator Bowl

#19 Wake Forest 26
South Carolina 14

Wake played in the first Gator Bowl against South Carolina.

January 1, 1946

Gator Bowl

#19 Wake Forest 26
South Carolina 14

And South Carolina wouldn’t get their first bowl win for another 50+ years.

Hell yeah, I want Bama. A win or even a strong effort against Bama gets respect and the Cincy treatment next year.

And I don't think we'd get their best effort. It would be like Georgia barely beating Cincy or UCF beating Auburn. Players would opt-out. They might miss coaches who go elsewhere. It would be a good time to play them. And we'd obvious bring a ton of fans.

Last edited:
I’ve been to several Bama games and have never seen them lose. And no, they weren’t all against Georgia, and I’ve seen them win two Nattys in person.

We definitely want Bama !

I’ve been to several Bama games and have never seen them lose. And no, they weren’t all against Georgia, and I’ve seen them win two Nattys in person.

We definitely want Bama !

Well then you should definitely not go.

It’s hard to find a game that they even have a chance of losing but I get your point.

Back