• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Championship Week

Ah shucks. I guess I’ll be sitting by myself at a bowl game that has never wanted us playing a big time SEC team. Beers for me on me I guess.

TAMU is only a big time team in their own fanbases’ delusions haha.

Damn. I have rubbed our last win in the noses of my Aggie wife and in-laws for years. I hope they do not get payback.

I like the New Year's Eve date and time (although 12 or 1 would be better). The only times we have played a bowl game on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day were the 1992 Independence Bowl (NYE) and the 1949 Dixie Bowl (NYD). We have played 3 games before Christmas (Tangerine, Eagle Bank,Birmingham), one on Christmas Day (Aloha). The first Gator Bowl and the Orange Bowl were on Jan 2 and all the others were between Dec. 27 and 30.

I like the New Year's Eve date and time (although 12 or 1 would be better). The only times we have played a bowl game on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day were the 1992 Independence Bowl (NYE) and the 1949 Dixie Bowl (NYD). We have played 3 games before Christmas (Tangerine, Eagle Bank,Birmingham), one on Christmas Day (Aloha). The first Gator Bowl and the Orange Bowl were on Jan 2 and all the others were between Dec. 27 and 30.

We’ll have to wait a long time to play a NY Day bowl. ACC shitty tie ins have 0 games in NY Day.

Pretty cool to be the lead-in to the playoff games as well, on a day that is a holiday for most. Only competition is the Sun Bowl on CBS.

There will definitely be eyeballs on our game

We’ll have to wait a long time to play a NY Day bowl. ACC shitty tie ins have 0 games in NY Day.

Well, there are now only 2 games on NY Day other than the NY6 games. The Orange Bowl hasn't even been played in NYD since 2013.

I remember back in the 80's when it was only the Cotton, Fiesta, Rose, Sugar and Orange on New Year's Day. Then the Citrus and Outback bowls were added to NYD.

Do the Sugar and Rose pay extra to always get NYD or is that just something they get because they bitch if they dont get it?

The 11 am kickoff gives us plenty of time to get back home for NYE events. Works out great for everyone within driving distance.

11 am is a pretty crappy start time IMO. But, as stated, it does give people time to prep for NYE. Not great for tailgating.

Do the Sugar and Rose pay extra to always get NYD or is that just something they get because they bitch if they dont get it?

The argument seems to be centered around "tradition" and the Rose Bowl parade.

But it's complete and utter bullshit. Playoff semis on New Year's every year would be fantastic

My condolences, Biff. I was rooting for the Dawgs. It was a tough day. I went to the game with friends and their daughter who goes to UGA. I felt bad for her.

It was rough but I was just barely watching at the tailgate. Didn't watch the second half at all.

Then I went to the game and got blackout drunk.

Back