• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 Bowl Projections Thread - Championship Week

If we win and Georgia beats Alabama I'd be pretty confident we're playing Ole Miss in Atlanta.

Which would be fantastic, opportunity to continue our "domination" of them before the series renews in a few years

Yeah. The other potential at large matchups would be rematches vs. MSU and ND. MSU is possible due to the KWIII angle. I'm sure the Peach would love to have Ole Miss though. Either way, it's likely teams we have played or will play soon enough.

pretty crazy that Wake had a 10-win season before Ole Miss (having beaten them to get there, btw).

After starting 1-5 including a loss vs. Wake, ODU finished out on a 5-game winning streak to become bowl eligible; good for them. There's a ton of talent in that Hampton roads area; would love to see them keep more of them at home (in particular slowing the pipeline that UNC has established).

Despite the score, I came away from the ODU game thinking that team had some talent and they must've gotten their stuff together.

ODU had some soul crushing losses in that losing streak too.

Norfolk State finished 6-5 this season. All of our opponents had winning records except for Cuse, FSU, and Duke.

Pitt will be the ninth bowl team we play.

ODU had some soul crushing losses in that losing streak too.

Norfolk State finished 6-5 this season. All of our opponents had winning records except for Cuse, FSU, and Duke.

Pitt will be the ninth bowl team we play.

Not technically winning records. We played a lot of 6-6 teams (UVA, UNC, Louisville, ODU, may be more I’m missing).

Yeah. .500 or better.

Fanbase? I lived in Boston for about a year and never met one fan.

Same. I lived in the area for 6 years and met tons of WF fans. Never once saw anyone even wearing anything BC unless I was on campus.

Per Mandel Wake-Pitt loser expected to land in San Diego

The positive about the Holiday is that it would likely be an interesting opponent that we certainly wouldn’t otherwise play. Of course the shitty thing is that most of us wouldn’t/couldn’t go.

The positive about the Holiday is that it would likely be an interesting opponent that we certainly wouldn’t otherwise play. Of course the shitty thing is that most of us wouldn’t/couldn’t go.

The most likely opponents I’ve seen are Arizona State and Oregon, the two Pac-12 opponents we’ve faced in bowls over the last 30 years.

If we do end up playing Ole Miss, speculation that Brent Venables could hire their OC if he goes to Oklahoma. And frankly I’m a bit surprised that Kiffin isn’t in more of these coaching conversations. He’s gotten Ole Miss to the top ten but you know he’s itching to be at blue blood program again.

The most likely opponents I’ve seen are Arizona State and Oregon, the two Pac-12 opponents we’ve faced in bowls over the last 30 years.

I've mostly seen UCLA as the Pac 12 team in the Holiday Bowl.

Back