• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

This is some 2013-14 Spurs offense here in the 4th. Damn wizardry.

If you had told me the Celtics would win by ten plus and Tatum would only have 12, I’d have bet a fortune against that

40-16 in the 4th quarter. Really 40-13 before that garbage time 3 by the Dubs.

lol

Well that escalated quickly.

perhaps the pot-stirrier question is....was brad stevens overrated?

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - Celtics vs. Warriors for the Championship

Perhaps the real question is….was Danny Ainge holding the Celtics back?

Perhaps the real question is….was Danny Ainge holding the Celtics back?

This. Don’t think Stevens ever wanted Kyrie or to get rid of Horford. Telling his first personnel move after hiring Ime was to bring Horford back

I think the Celts locker room had guys really into social justice and wanted an African American head coach (Brown)

Ha, are we being serious about Ainge here? Let's see, if we're just talking about this iteration of the Celtics, for starters he:

- Traded over-the-hill KG and Pierce for picks that eventually turned into Tatum and Brown
- Drafted Jaylen at #3 when a lot of "experts" had Kris Dunn pegged in there
- Traded the #1 pick to Philly and got Tatum at #3
- Drafted most of the role players on this team, including Rob Williams, Grant Williams, Pritchard, and Marcus Smart (if you wanna call him a role player)

He certainly had some misses (Nesmith, Langford, etc), but most of the players on this team are his doing.

Stevens has obviously done quite well in his first year too with the Horford and White moves.

This. Don’t think Stevens ever wanted Kyrie or to get rid of Horford. Telling his first personnel move after hiring Ime was to bring Horford back

I think both look like geniuses if not for Hayward injury as they could have rolled with healthy Heyward as he missed that season and has never come back as the same player as that was one nasty injury.

Back