• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

I don’t really think Nash can be answered right now. That big 3 player like 50 games in 2 seasons. They were a KD toe from making finals last year.

I mean the inevitable problem of a Big 3 is you have to use spare parts to finish out the roster. All of their “big additions” this off-season barely saw the court. Hard to know how much is on Nash and how much isnt

Losing Joe Harris for most of the season has hurt the Nets. But that’s just all a hot mess. Terrible trade for Simmons but they should have never even traded for Harden to begin with. And same for Kyrie. Bad team mates.

For Plama Invitational can we update our own numbers if there is an error? Marcus Smart showing nothing for game 4. I don’t mind updating my own if ayo’s code has BUGS

Buckets and others really out here trying to tell me that 0 games Ben Simmons is more valuable on the play in Nets than 3x scoring champ, assist leader and MVP Harden on the 4 seed Sixers

I can’t square it personally, no matter how badly the Sixers play

Maybe next year if Simmons starts tearing it up? But watching the Nets get bounced hard and Drummond and Seth barely contributing and Ben not at all? Get fucked!
It blew my mind the day of the trade that Nets willingly paired up Harden and Embiid for one of their rivals in exchange for Ben freaking Simmons and 3 more years of $35-40M, plus some decent albeit one-trick ponies in Curry and Drummond. Nothing that has happened since re: Simmons surprises me at all. Guy is just the absolute worst. Even if the Sixers lost depth in that trade and Harden has lost a step (which he clearly has), you're doing that trade every damn time if you're the Sixers just to get out of that terrible Simmons contract.

On another note, Tatum is pretty clearly a top-5 player now.

Oh, you're looking at the Google sheet Apetit originally posted. Yeah, I'm not doing anything with that one and not sure how that doc is being updated.

Tatum’s defense has improved so much

It feels to me like he pushes off to create his shot a LOT but also his shot selection and efficiency have improved (to my eye test anyway, haven’t looked at the numbers)

I can’t just call him a chucker anymore at least with a straight face

Tatum’s defense has improved so much

It feels to me like he pushes off to create his shot a LOT but also his shot selection and efficiency have improved (to my eye test anyway, haven’t looked at the numbers)

I can’t just call him a chucker anymore at least with a straight face

This post got me thinking about you and me debating whether or not Tatum deserved his contract. Feels like forever ago but it was less than 18 months ago. I feel like my defense of Ingram and Tatum getting paid looks pretty good now.

Tentative list:

Ph
D14
Juice
Kory
Pilch
Sig
Townie
RSF?

That's 8 right there. Good stuff.

Here are the NBA comps:

A 22.5 pts, 6.3 reb, 4.9 ast 47/32/82 (Kobe at 21)
B 23.8 pts, 6.2 reb, 4.1 ast 46/39/85 (Ingram last season)
C 25.3 pts, 6.5 reb, 2.8 ast 47/42/86 (KD at age 20)
D 23.4 pts, 7.0 reb, 3.0 ast 45/40/81 (Tatum last season)
E 24.1 pts, 5.2 reb, 6.8 ast 48/29/76 (D-Wade at 23)
F 26.6 pts, 7.3 reb, 3.3 ast 50/37/85 (Kawhi for the Raptors at age 27)
G 21.7 pts, 6.8 reb, 3.5 ast 42/36/86 (PG at 23)

palma: C, B, F, D, E, A, G
Tejas: C, A, F, B, D, E, G
Townie: F, C, A, B, G, D, E

My point was that it's perfectly reasonable to give Ingram and Tatum max contracts because they're on a similar trajectory as elite wings of the previous two generations. I looked at few other players to do this. What's clear is that Lebron and KD were in another world with respect to production at a very early age.

I'd take Tatum over Jokic and Embiid in the playoffs. Yeah, that may be a bit of a hot take, and we can agree to disagree. Great 2-way wings is what wins in the playoffs now. Those guys may be better players, but in the playoffs, I'm taking Tatum over them.

Nah, that's not a hot take at all. Jokic and Embiid are so good that you've got to pay them but they're not going to win you a championship without a great 2-way wing playing with them.

it was like two years ago that Jokic and the Nuggets beat the Kawhi and PG13 Clipse to get to the WCF

it was like two years ago that Jokic and the Nuggets beat the Kawhi and PG13 Clipse to get to the WCF

Where they lost to the Lakers led by one of the greatest two-way wings of all-time.

after beating one of the best two-way wings in the game teamed up with another all-start two-way wing

there are different ways to win in the NBA

It's been awhile since a champion didn't have an elite two-way wing.

Jerami Grant was sneaky very important, though! It just seems like where the league is headed, wing can't be a weakness to be successful. I agree they don't necessarily have to be your best or second best player, but it can't be a liability.

Suns
Celtics
Bucks (Jrue I guess isn't a "wing" but definitely defends like one)
Heat
Warriors

Raptors fit the mold but don't necessarily have the top-end talent (yet, I think Barnes will get there). But they're a pain in the ass to play against.

Back