• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

I think we roll Hartman out a bit. I would expect to see a lot of pressure to disrupt the mesh at the line and bat balls down. Roll Sam out to counter their expectations.

I'm expecting at least one trick play this weekend too. If we run a play out of the freaking wildcat then I hope it's a toss back to Sam and a pass.

I was yelling for us to throw to the RBs all night against State. Apparently, the staff saved it for that TD throw to Ellison where Morin went in motion and got all the attention. It was a beautiful play design, but I really don't think we need to save it this game. Make them stop it, and maybe it helps to slow down pressure from the outside.

I was yelling for us to throw to the RBs all night against State. Apparently, the staff saved it for that TD throw to Ellison where Morin went in motion and got all the attention. It was a beautiful play design, but I really don't think we need to save it this game. Make them stop it, and maybe it helps to slow down pressure from the outside.

Me too. Ellison and Chapman were open all night long. On 2nd and long, I’d prefer a 5-yard completion (where one broken tackle = 10 more) to a 15 yard jump ball.

Same.

I mean I remember my first game as a freshman back in 2004...we took Clemson to OT at Death Valley...and they still rushed the field. And that was when we were not good.

Clemson got a BS PI call on fourth down which allowed them to score and take the game into overtime.

Clemson got a BS PI call on fourth down which allowed them to score and take the game into overtime.

I vividly remember that play
Penalty was on Marcus McGruder. I remember watching the replay over and over, there was no PI, and in fact, i don't believe MM even touched the receiver on that play

I think we're going to win on Saturday, and I'm a guy who never feels that way about the Deacs!

I’d be interested in seeing a breakdown of our play calling but it felt like we saw a lot less of the slow mesh RPO against state than we have seen in other games. Lots more designed runs and passes.

This game has a similar intro to the UNC game: on the road, dogs, top 10 ranking, vs a highly talented under performing conference rival...

But the way i feel going into this one vs. Carolina are night and day. My stomach was in knots the whole week leading up to the game in Chapel Hill and i just knew it was going to be an uncomfortable game the whole 60 minutes.

This feels different. We roll.

Go Deacs.

Penalty was on Marcus McGruder. I remember watching the replay over and over, there was no PI, and in fact, i don't believe MM even touched the receiver on that play

Actually it happened twice. There was 2 PIs that game. One at end of reg on 4th down or we would have won and then the one in1st OT as you stated. Was at that game and so brutal as we had them beat twice.

Actually it happened twice. There was 2 PIs that game. One at end of reg on 4th down or we would have won and then the one in1st OT as you stated. Was at that game and so brutal as we had them beat twice.

That was my first game as a Wake undergrad and I went with my Clemson season ticket holding parents and family. I still vividly remember the OT PI.

That was my first game as a Wake undergrad and I went with my Clemson season ticket holding parents and family. I still vividly remember the OT PI.

Same game where Ben Mauk had an 80 yd TD pass on his first play right? I think he and Randolph traded series and Mauk came in second, there was a false start, then he launched it IIRC.

I was there that day as well. Still think that was the worst call I have ever seen in person. Had Clemson fans apologize to me on the way out.

Justyn Ross out for the season and will enter the NFL Draft.

School is offering 4 busses down to Clemson with free tickets. So that's 200 students going, and I know a lot of others are going independently. Hopefully it'll be a good Wake crowd.

Given size of stadium and how they’re still competing for Charlotte - highly doubt WF fans are as visible/loud as they were at UNC but still great to see. Would love to see WF fans only remaining in late 4th quarter.

Back