• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

Receiver for Wake whose name escapes me (Greer maybe?) scored on an 80+ yd. reception that may have been a record for Wake at the time. He went on the have a good MLB career player with the Braves. Love those days of the 2-sport athlete; would be a good board topic for Wake players. Rusty Larue would probably be at the head of the list.

Tommy Greg

Receiver for Wake whose name escapes me (Greer maybe?) scored on an 80+ yd. reception that may have been a record for Wake at the time. He went on the have a good MLB career player with the Braves. Love those days of the 2-sport athlete; would be a good board topic for Wake players. Rusty Larue would probably be at the head of the list.

Tommy Gregg. He played at RJR and then for the Deacs in baseball and football.

I think we’ve been punting on the Clemson game since Clawson got here. Every year it’s vanilla offense and it seems like he just wants to get out without injuries.

Not a bad strategy when the upcoming game decides your championship game guarantee. To lose Hartman would end those chances. I remember Grobe removing Skinner when he was getting beat up (I was at that game). If we are down 3 scores and being dominated, remove most starters....

Not a bad strategy when the upcoming game decides your championship game guarantee. To lose Hartman would end those chances. I remember Grobe removing Skinner when he was getting beat up (I was at that game). If we are down 3 scores and being dominated, remove most starters....

Not a bad strategy when you have virtually no chance to win, as has been the case in all of Clawson's previous trips to Clemson. But this is different. We have a real shot at beating them for the first time in 20+ years.

Not a bad strategy when you have virtually no chance to win, as has been the case in all of Clawson's previous trips to Clemson. But this is different. We have a real shot at beating them for the first time in 20+ years.

Just to clarify, “real shot at beating them AT Clemson.” We’ve beaten them in Winston in the last 20 years a few times.

This could be a program defining win. Maybe the narrative can shift to "Wake is this year's Clemson" instead of this is just a down year for the ACC even though 12 ACC teams are in bowl contention and 6 are already eligible.

I trust in DC to know if we go all out next week or keep powder dry. This is Clemson’s last conference game - we’re gonna get their best shot. Let’s also remember BC is not a gimme and seemed offense struggled in cold this past week. We might be better off at noon in South Carolina vs. a more talented team compared to afternoon/night in Boston vs. a similar talented in late November.

I trust in DC to know if we go all out next week or keep powder dry. This is Clemson’s last conference game - we’re gonna get their best shot. Let’s also remember BC is not a gimme and seemed offense struggled in cold this past week. We might be better off at noon in South Carolina vs. a more talented team compared to afternoon/night in Boston vs. a similar talented in late November.

I'm a Clemson alum with season tickets; I don't see any way Clemson can win this game. Even without all the injuries at WR, RB, and the QB having a knee injury, we have the worst offense in the country. Clemson barely can score 20 points a game on power 5 teams, so even having a top 5 defense, every game has come down to the last possession.

With how good Wake's offense is, I don't see any way Clemson can keep up. If Wake scores more than 24 points then it's a Wake win. Clemson's offensive line is awful, and it's a massive struggle to rush the ball. Add in DJ either having the yips or just being a bust, combined with generic and bland play calling I would take Wake and the points all day.

You beat Clemson, BC game is irrelevant to ACC champ spot. You need a win, and you have 2 shots to get it and you think we should tank one? Wtf

I worry that we don’t “get up” for Clemson after an emotional State win. Also, Venables has our number and knows how to scheme our offense.

Want to play with the big boys in college football you go down to Clemson and snap their 33 game home winning streak and claim our spot in the championship game.
Winning in Death Valley is like winning in Cameron, something that doesn't happen a lot.

I worry that we don’t “get up” for Clemson after an emotional State win. Also, Venables has our number and knows how to scheme our offense.

If we can’t get up for this game, then we don’t deserve a trip to Charlotte.

I want to clinch the Atlantic title by beating Clemson in their place so bad. That would just be the perfect way to do it.

This. I want one at Clemson so damn bad. I know they are injured as Wake has it's share too still gonna be tough.

Back