• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake at Clemson - Saturday 11/20 Game Time Speculation

I'm a Clemson alum with season tickets; I don't see any way Clemson can win this game. Even without all the injuries at WR, RB, and the QB having a knee injury, we have the worst offense in the country. Clemson barely can score 20 points a game on power 5 teams, so even having a top 5 defense, every game has come down to the last possession.

With how good Wake's offense is, I don't see any way Clemson can keep up. If Wake scores more than 24 points then it's a Wake win. Clemson's offensive line is awful, and it's a massive struggle to rush the ball. Add in DJ either having the yips or just being a bust, combined with generic and bland play calling I would take Wake and the points all day.

I'll bet you Clemson scores more than 20 against us.

I'm pretty sure it was the 1981 game at Clemson.

Yeah. The 82-24 game was in Clemson in 1981, the year they won the National Championship. The next year was in Japan and we played them surprisingly close.

2002 (correct year?) and all the holding calls, ala Christian McCaffrey up the middle yesterday. Just gashing Clemson with Barclay up the middle...holding...holding...maybe 3 in the second quarter alone.

2004 (correct year?) and the 2 phantom pass interference calls in the end zone that cost us the game.

2011 and the 24 or was it 26 yard field goal we missed to go up 38-28 with 6 minutes to go.

This is a real exorcise the demons opportunity.

You don't play "80%" or whatever the hell that is either. That leads to injuries, more injuries. You play to win the Championship!

"I witnessed 82-24 as a kid and I've never been back."

I was there, too, and I haven't been back either. I got up to go to the bathroom during the game and Clemson scored twice while I was gone. Time to win in Death Valley!

2002 (correct year?) and all the holding calls, ala Christian McCaffrey up the middle yesterday. Just gashing Clemson with Barclay up the middle...holding...holding...maybe 3 in the second quarter alone.

2004 (correct year?) and the 2 phantom pass interference calls in the end zone that cost us the game.

2011 and the 24 or was it 26 yard field goal we missed to go up 38-28 with 6 minutes to go.

This is a real exorcise the demons opportunity.

You don't play "80%" or whatever the hell that is either. That leads to injuries, more injuries. You play to win the Championship!

And somehow in that 2011 year we could've won the Atlantic if we had won that game.

80% meaning do you play guys who are 80% healthy. At this point I agree we treat this like championship game all out

80% meaning do you play guys who are 80% healthy. At this point I agree we treat this like championship game all out

I mean we still are alive for the CFP as crazy as that sounds. I think we are projected a 65 percent chance if we win out. For reference, Cincinnati is at like 70 percent if they win out.

Last edited:
Well at least the national media will have a narrative if we win. It won’t be that Clemson blew a shot at making the ACCCG. It will be that Clemson was SOOOOOOO injured that a completely healthy Wake Forest could beat them.

I worry that we don’t “get up” for Clemson after an emotional State win. Also, Venables has our number and knows how to scheme our offense.

That seems like the least likely scenario. I have zero doubt Clawson will be able to motivate the team for this game. It’s Clemson. They have been dominating the ACC and most of college football for almost a decade. Nearly every player on this roster was passed up by Clemson. The opportunity to punch them in the mouth has to be something a team would get up for.

We have a chance to end their home winning streak and their dominance over the Atlantic division while taking the division title. For a program that's talked about good to great all year how could you not get motivated for that?

Do we know what is up with Robertson? Will we have him this week?

i am a little worried about this too. He participated in senior night and I believe Les (?) speculated that between an injury and his pro prospects, State may be the last game he plays as a Deac... Hope this is wrong.

I don’t think Q would just opt out given how much more his stock could go up if we win an ACC Championship - he could go from 7th round to 3rd round. Yeah if we were 3-7- get him opting out if it’s borderline.

I have 6 tickets in the Wake section (V) for sale for what I paid from Wake ($75/each)

Since I see foks up here all the time pathetically trying to advantage of others when tickets are clearly under face all over the various hubs, I figured why not perpetrate a fraud on you as well.

Back