• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 5: Kennesaw State Owls - Tuesday 8 pm - ACCN

by the way, Khadim Sy had 4 points and a rebound for VT in that game

One way to look at this team is that we have five guys who feasibly would be playing pro ball somewhere if they weren’t here. Williams, Walton, Sy, Hildreth, and Marsh.

We lost 99-90. Zach LeDay had 31/15 for VT.

We had beat them 89-84 the previous Saturday @ VT.

I think I was at Dari-O with my Dad and my youngest daughter enjoying a hotdog as best I could while the game was ending. Dari-O had the games on.

Didn’t we give up like 65 points in the second half after McClinton hit that shot? Classic Manning team.

I can see me and my kids in that replay! We had a great time despite the loss. My son lives in Brooklyn, about 3 blocks from the Barclay Center.

I really liked seeing Mucius get off to a good start. I think he is an important part of the team as the "glue guy" who plays good D and then whatever else is needed. He occupies a defender, because if he is left open, Tuesday night's first half can happen again.

Manning team: “Hey, our big man actually made a successful hedge and cut off a guard without fouling, then got back to his man! Clear improvement in year 3!”

Forbes team: “First 5 games with a team he recruited, freshman big hedges, gets a steal, goes the length of the court and dunks it home. Later both guards recognize another good hedge, anticipate help and press up on both their men. They get a steal and run a perfect 2 man break with an alley-oop dunk finish.”

Checkers vs. Chess. Like suddenly our guys are capable of handing off screens but switching back on mismatches when it makes sense. Manning’s defenses were like oh, your 5 screened for your point guard and we switched? Congrats now you have a permanent mismatch! All switches are forever!

And I swear I can still occasionally see the Manning residue in Muscious’s defense. Like he “gets a hand up” without really challenging a shot, then leaves it up as if to prove he played good defense…

Manning team: “Hey, our big man actually made a successful hedge and cut off a guard without fouling, then got back to his man! Clear improvement in year 3!”

I definitely remember certain posters making these types of arguments, yes.

I think DCDeac was one of the people making that argument.

blue, I see Mucius as an “optional” player. If he’s playing well on D and hitting his shot, by all means get him more minutes (20-25). If he’s not playing well, he’s fine playing fewer minutes (10-15). Forbes can go big with LaRavia at SF or put in Hildreth.

That looks like what Forbes is doing. He’s averaging just under 20 min. He played 21 and 27 min in the last two games where he shot a combined 10-16 (8-14). I would be surprised if Mucius is in end of game lineups over Hildreth.

I think people can look at what we have so far and see why I thought Monsanto would start and Mucius would come off the bench.

Last edited:
Let's recall the first game where people were concerned about Mucius and LaRavia.

No one was worried about LaRavia the first game he almost posted double double. Mucius took a few games to get going.

I know I harp on it a lot but I LOVE the assist stats. It really highlights the "WE" mentality rather than the "ME" we used to have. It shows a team that plays for one another and one goal rather than stat stuffing and showing out.

Very excited about where the direction of the program is heading. Thank you Forbes. You were a great pickup.

I know I harp on it a lot but I LOVE the assist stats. It really highlights the "WE" mentality rather than the "ME" we used to have. It shows a team that plays for one another and one goal rather than stat stuffing and showing out.

Very excited about where the direction of the program is heading. Thank you Forbes. You were a great pickup.

Well just an all around good brand of basketball to watch and the way it is supposed to be played. Help defense with great communication and ball movement is best I have seen of any wake team. Just feel sorry for the guys who played for the previous two coaches.

Props to Mucius for staying, unlike some of the others. I really hope it pays off for him.

Back