• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023 WF Baseball - Schedule Released

Pitching staffs are completely taxed at this point.

my question is why does the runner go back to 3rd? in what world would he not have scored? can we just use our brains?

my question is why does the runner go back to 3rd? in what world would he not have scored? can we just use our brains?

In theory, the runner interfering with knocking down) the first baseman preventing him from catching the throw also prevented the first baseman from throwing to the plate. Thus the ball is ruled dead and everybody has to go back.

I think the Maryland batter was called out for interference because he was running in fair territory just to the left of the foul line. I think a lot of batters do that when they are trying to beat out a grounder, but nothing is said or done by the umpire unless there is a collision at 1st base. Since the batter was called out by interference, no base runners may advance. I really think the umpires got the call right after watching the replay. You notice that NONE of the Maryland coaching staff went 'Lou Piniella like' crazy?

I'd take the UConn coach right now!

What a solid program and complete team. Did it in the north with limited facilities and playable days.

Sign him up and we go to Omaha next year.

I heard wake might have some big name guys in the transfer portal..

You mean in or out?

NC State lost 4 more back-ups to star Tommy White (FSU likely). They gained an AA from ODU.

Last edited:
...and Lanzilli returns to NC to face the Heels.

"I transfered somewhere where I thought I had a better chance at making a CWS." -Lanzilli

How many starters are we expecting back next year?

F$U fires Mike Martin Jr.

ECU beat Texas today. They are one win away from the CWS.

That makes firing Walter even more obvious to me. ECU can do it with worse facilities and worse players.

Back