• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mark Turgeon & Maryland part ways; Danny Manning is interim coach

It’s a lame joke, for sure… But I guaran-damn-tee he says it in his first post game press conference.

Just think of Gary Williams on the sideline and then think of Danny Manning. Opposite ends of the spectrum for sure.

Wish I could remember his classic line about how losing didn't bother him. It's on this board somewhere. Good luck MD, Danny's won enough in his lifetime, he's not worried if he wins enough for you. Just make sure his check clears.

is there a more forgettable P5 school than Maryland these days? I don't recall the last time I saw them play anything at all and regularly forget that the entire state and school exist.

Only others I can think of are: Vandy, Cal, Stanford, Northwestern - except those are all actually good schools. When you look for that unique mix of terrible athletics and mediocre education, Maryland is truly in a class of its own. Maybe Oregon State is on this trajectory?

#MarylandToTheSunBeltConference

Colorado for me. Do they still play sports?

Maryland is a much better school than Colorado.

These two deserve each other.

I just hope Manning wins some games this year so they give him the job so he can bury them completely in disaster for 4+ years.

Only Ron Wellman was stupid enough to extend that clown. We should enjoy mannequin while we can. He won't be there for long.

Could not happen to a nicer group of asshats. They just suck as a fan base. Awful people.

Yep, KARMA.

78-111 in his six years with the Demon Deacons, including a 30-80 mark in conference play.

Suck it, twerps!

Virginia Tech beat the Terps and got Mark Turgeon to quit, and now VT/MD are playing in the Pinstripe Bowl. Awesome.

Manning is already working his magic - after his first game as HC, the Terps are DFL

Last edited:
These two deserve each other.

I just hope Manning wins some games this year so they give him the job so he can bury them completely in disaster for 4+ years.

Guarantee Manning is already trying to push for a long term extension. Guessing Md AD has more of a brain than Ronnie boy.

Hey has anyone made a paint touches “joke” yet?

It’s a lame joke, for sure… But I guaran-damn-tee he says it in his first post game press conference.

Right on cue:

He said it multiple times in his initial press conference. He also mentioned getting to the bonus and double bonus before the opponent.

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/board/67/Contents/danny-manning-on-mark-turgeons-decision-teams-reaction-his-debut-and-more-177431013/?page=1

Back