• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SOTOGAB

Also put to use our increase in international students and throw in the next Red Panda and some other half-time entertainment.

I am surprised at the lack of support from Wake for the band - both financially and in terms of providing contact information for incoming students. My son is a freshman percussionist at Campbell this year. He was contacted multiple times by the band program after he accepted AND he has a scholarship (it's not much, but it's better than nothing). His only requirement is being part of an ensemble in addition to marching band, which provides course credit. This is a ridiculous miss on Wake's part and it's easy to fix.

Haven’t read the thread but…Wake doesn’t do this kind of thing?

If not, I agree. Why not work to expand and enhance the band?

[Some] people will also walk out and take a piss when frisbee dogs perform.

More people will watch frisbee dogs, frisbee dogs feelings won’t be hurt when you go take a piss.

What do the frisbee dogs do during the game, especially on 3rd down, to pump up the crowd?

Replaced by whatever you want pumped into the stadium instead of an actual group of sad trombones.

Does the band get any perks during the game? It might help for example that after they perform at half time, give them access to Bridger for food and drink during the entire 3rd quarter, then back in the stadium for Q4.

Something interesting I learned a few years ago. There are a significant number of former band members who have been/are prominent posters on these here boards.

Got to give us credit, we're passionate about our Deacs.

Something interesting I learned a few years ago. There are a significant number of former band members who have been/are prominent posters on these here boards.

Got to give us credit, we're passionate about our Deacs.

Serious question: can alum that live in the area join and play?

Not generally, I believe. There have been a few special occasions where they have invited back recent alums that wanted to play.
I don't think that response has been large. Just a few.

The answer is clearly to hand out kazoos to the first 200 students who enter the stadium and have them march during halftime.

I think we’ve discussed the band’s performance and future prospects following that game more than we have the team’s.

This is the whole band at the Gator Bowl.

FH5H6GMWUAAW0oa

Glad to see my tubas representing.

Aren’t these Sousaphones? The funnel on a tubas goes straight up.

(Trivia - John Phillip Sousa modified the tuba so the sound would be aimed at the crowd, rather than straight up in the air, for all his great marching songs).

(Trivia - John Phillip Sousa modified the tuba so the sound would be aimed at the crowd, rather than straight up in the air, for all his great marching songs).
You are correct, however we collectively refer to ourselves as tubaists or tubas. Plus, tuba is more fun to say.

He also had the body of the tuba modified into an open circle so it went around the player rested on his left shoulder. Much easier to march and carry it that way.

He also had the body of the tuba modified into an open circle so it went around the player rested on his left shoulder. Much easier to march and carry it that way.
I marched with both in high school and college. As a result, I had premature arthritis in both shoulders before the age of 40.

Definitely preferred marching with the Sousa. So much more appealing visually, and there are many more things that can be done with it while marching. Marching with a marching tuba though did give me some pretty sweet biceps though.

Back