• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 18: @ UVA - Bally Sports - 4:30 pm Saturday

LOL at roster construction arguments. Forbes is in year 2 reviving a dead program and we just won at UVa.

Exactly. And there's a global pandemic. I mean take the temperature of the room

It’s not like he’s a 90’s Deac saying we don’t look like Final Four contenders. He’s a 10’s Deac bitching about what is clearly a major improvement in the state of the program.

It’s not like he’s a 90’s Deac saying we don’t look like Final Four contenders. He’s a 10’s Deac bitching about what is clearly a major improvement in the state of the program.

I don't know the guy. But figured he wasn't from our Era.

Man I’ve been thinking about posting something like this for a while. He’s miserable after football losses with his “actually the offense caused the L” schtick.

To be fair, I like Les’ writing but also think he’s a jerk on Twitter. I actually unsubscribed from them because of their personalities. I don’t need the 247 board and can wait 10 minutes for someone else to post info.
In Conor, I trust.

Other than buzz and manning out days, I don't think the boards collectively have agreed on anything as much as we do regarding our Cam opinions.

Anyways, yeah, I can't wait to see what Monsanto can do. IF he can get to top form, he might be the missing link to get us from bubble team to legit NCAAT team. Either way, what a fun team and fun season.

Funny how this board vocalizes an honest take on an insignificant, 3rd rate, asshat writer on a d-list subscription site. Then it immediately turns Lester into putting on a Twitter damage control effort.

And, no. I don’t subscribe or follow either. Never will.

Funny how this board vocalizes an honest take on an insignificant, 3rd rate, asshat writer on a d-list subscription site. Then it immediately turns Lester into putting on a Twitter damage control effort.

And, no. I don’t subscribe or follow either. Never will.

? I assume you mean Les and not Miles Lester. I don’t see him saying anything.

? I assume you mean Les and not Miles Lester. I don’t see him saying anything.

From what I see, Miles Lester initially replied to Cam yesterday saying “Blocked!” and backtracked this morning. I dunno man. Whatever

From what I see, Miles Lester initially replied to Cam yesterday saying “Blocked!” and backtracked this morning. I dunno man. Whatever

Ahh yeah I see that. Les is the one that should be in damage control considering his livelihood depends on subscribers.

Miles Lester should stick to his guns and keep him blocked. Miles has meant a ton to our program, and continues to mean a ton. It's not like Cam is going to start writing hate articles. Hopefully he starts to figure out how much of a tool he is.

It's not necessarily Cam having a bad take. It's he drops a "This team isn't good" RIGHT after the buzzer sounds and Wake fans are celebrating beating a top tier ACC team who we haven't beat in a decade on their home court. It really doesn't get any douchier than that. Ok I'm done. Go Deacs

It's not necessarily Cam having a bad take. It's he drops a "This team isn't good" RIGHT after the buzzer sounds and Wake fans are celebrating beating a top tier ACC team who we haven't beat in a decade on their home court. It really doesn't get any douchier than that. Ok I'm done. Go Deacs
Pretty sure he posted that when we're down 7 in the 2nd half. People responded and the kerfluffle ensued.

I think his take was kinda silly downplaying a road win at a tough place.

Last edited:
Pretty sure he posted that when we're down 7 in the 2nd half. People responded and the kerfluffle ensued.

I think his take was kinda silly downplaying a road win at a tough place.

That broke some fans’ brains on our board, too, fwiw.

Congrats Coach, love the way your team plays.

I love how Nick Nurse knows enough about our team to give Forbes advice on what we should be doing. It's even more amusing that Forbes summarily dismissed the idea.

edit: @3:30 or so in the video

Yeah, I didn’t think we were a good team when we were down 7. Funny what a 13-0 run can do for your perspective

Of course, I try not to rage post in game threads either…

Cam is brutal to follow on Twitter. He is also a horrible writer. The content is decent, but his syntax reads like someone who backed into writing and never took a course in it or took the time to learn AP style.

You guys who like Dante Calabria must have forgotten the 1993 (?) acc tourney when we had the heels beat in the semifinals until they missed a free throw and calabria got a lucky bounce rebound and then blindly threw up a garbage shot to win in to win the game. An upset had happened on other side of bracket and we were primed to win the tourney. It’s the loss that affected me most in my whole life…. I just sat in the stands holding my head for about 20 minutes and then when I left the Charlotte colosseum in traffic, some tar hole fans were singing Mary Janes last dance - I still can’t hear that song without a wanting to punch a tar hole face. All because of a shit shot by Dante calabria.

I love how Nick Nurse knows enough about our team to give Forbes advice on what we should be doing. It's even more amusing that Forbes summarily dismissed the idea.

edit: @3:30 or so in the video

Not sure why he is dismissing Nurse as completely agree we should run pick and roll with manman and Jake all day. It puts so much pressure on the D and would lead to even more open shots for our 3rd and 4th options as I think those 2 are going to eat any other 2 defenders alive unless u put a long 2/3 on manman to slow him down and even then he would have to be a fairly strong player. Would force a 3rd player to drop over to help with manman otherwise he is taking it to hole for a very high % shot and potentially need help with Jake as the guard switching is going to be a big advantage for Jake to abuse.

Back