• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official CFB Offseason Thread: Saban and Jimbo Trade "Despicable" Punches ! !!!!!!! !

Happy Birthday to ACC Legend, The Rock !! Shown below tackling a jibroni.

That "jibroni" is probably Charlie Ward. He wore #17 when he played QB for FSU's title team.

That "jibroni" is probably Charlie Ward. He wore #17 when he played QB for FSU's title team.

I think The Rock mentioned this on the Manningcast. That Charlie Ward told him, forget this I’m going to the nba.

Grobe's brush with the Peach Bowl !!

Hey ELC, put this in your spank bank.

So is the future going to be forcing fans to pay money to stream content that was mostly available through a cable package?

HELL YEAH !!! Great thread.

Hey ELC, put this in your spank bank.

Yeah, the T3 deals are where the schools like OU and TX stood apart from their Big XII brethren. TX did the awful LHN (awful for ESPN, good for TX), and OU had its own T3 with PPV, etc. The income from their T3 days made the difference between conference payouts (specifically SEC and OU/TX in the BXII) negligible. This will hold them over until the SEC merge.

Personally, I'm happy I won't have to fork out $60+ for a PPV game against Buttfuck State this year.

Posting this here in case others didn’t see it in the ACC thread. The PAC12 eliminated divisions effective immediately.

Nick getting salty:

"I mean, we were second in recruiting last year," Saban told the audience. "A&M was first. A&M bought every player on their team -- made a deal for name, image, likeness. We didn't buy one player, all right? But I don't know if we're gonna be able to sustain that in the future because more and more people are doing it. It's tough."

Seems more like a warning to me. Something like, "We haven't even really started to buy players yet, but if we do . . ."

Saban saying what is already widely known. Texas 8&4 didn't just pull in the greatest recruiting class in history because of their quality program, ugly campus, and uglier women. They have an enormous alumni base and a wealthy one at that. They, UT, and Ohio State have the most to gain through "NIL" simply because of their alumni base. It helps that Jimbo is utterly shameless and that 8&4 hasn't won anything of consequence during the lifetime of any of their exceedingly hungry alumni.

Seems more like a warning to me. Something like, "We haven't even really started to buy players yet, but if we do . . ."

And I think the NCAA issued their warning last week. Their hands may be somewhat tied, but they've punished lack of cooperation in the past. Pay for play is still very much illegal, and it seemed to me like the NCAA's statement was a shot across the bow to the worst offenders. Plus, while the SEC is known for circling the wagons and protecting its own, it seems to be very much the opposite in this case.

Source material.

Back