• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Phil Mickleson

Shipnuck dropping bombs again:

https://firepitcollective.com/askalan-mickelson-edition/

"Mickelson loved The Queen’s Gambit—“It fits his obsessive personality,” his wife, Amy, told me—but it turns out he is not quite the master strategist that he fancies himself."

This is absolutely hysterical. Dude just blew up his career, released a weak ass statement, and is getting soned by the guy releasing his book.

93f.jpg

I imagine that’s a good breakdown of a lot of statements like that.

Phil ain’t sorry. He’s suspended and some advertiser isn’t happy.

The tour clamping this problem down with a sledgehammer will only mean it comes back stronger.

Phil ain’t sorry. He’s suspended and some advertiser isn’t happy.

The tour clamping this problem down with a sledgehammer will only mean it comes back stronger.

Yep. Next time it will be with North Korea as a sponsor.

not sure I'm getting why phil mickelson is getting cancelled. No one's allowed to do business with the saudi's anymore because they killed someone? Or because they get along with Trump?

not sure I'm getting why phil mickelson is getting cancelled. No one's allowed to do business with the saudi's anymore because they killed someone? Or because they get along with Trump?

Read Rory’s comments at Riviera. And no, Greggie and Phil aren’t coming back stronger. They are done.

i think it says something that i'd gladly forego ever winning a national championship in basketball if the price was that i'd never have to hear another dumbass statement from DR. You make mickelson look like a good guy.

mickelson acting like all of this was taken out of context and was off the record, as if that somehow helps. what a dickhead.

still confused, using the saudis to get a better deal from the pga tour for the players is bad because?

Note to self, stay away from any talk of "super leagues" and don't say nice things about murderous dictators.

Last edited:
Brandel is almost always right and he is here again.

Phil didn't even do anything wrong. This is the owners of the PGA Tour illegally stamping down competition so they can keep their monopoly so they can protect money.

But no matter how you feel about that, it's pretty clear Mickelson did draft this since it's not even an apology at all.

maybe edit your note to self to avoid saying nice things about murderous dictators

Well, Phil didn't say nice things about the Saudis. He said they were bad people and listed some of the reasons why. And then he inserted a "but" to try and explain why we shouldn't blame him for accepting a bunch of money from them. And those reasons were as flimsy as his humility.

Back