• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, PETER LUGER

You know, I regretted saying that about 5 minutes after hitting send. That's my bad, it was fucked up. I hate snitch-tagging and shouldn't have sent that.

It's mind-blowing to me that there's so much focus on a steak dinner being the cause of the loss. The "we self-destructed defensively" quote from Forbes was perfect, I thought. That had nothing to do with a big meal.

All shots at me for calling out this thread are warranted.

Fucking up The Wire reference and drawing attention here ... again, my bad.

This is mind-blowing. No one in their right mind is claiming that eating steak cost us this game. Do NBA players do this sort of thing? Absolutely. They're grown-ass men working for a living. But hauling 20 year old kids out for some celebration dinner to chat about "destiny", for God knows what reason, the night before your FIRST game with an NCAA tournament bid on the line? That is mind-blowing!

At least they'll have plenty of time in Winston to re-watch and really learn from that speech.

“Peter Luger” is headed for the pantheon of March sadness phrases that instantly recall our postseason futility like nut punch, pittsnogle, Cleveland steamer

Gotta add in Butlerized and Big Country

FTR, I'm not eating a 16 oz steak with all the fixins the night before the most important basketball game of the season.

Firing Peter Luger into the sun, as has been implied, is not blaming the steak. Its gallows humor and a little bit cathartic.

100% this. Would only add that almost every one of those losses were to the crappiest teams in the ACC. During the Dino years, WF was a high (good) seed in the ACCT and would lose to crap teams in its first game of the tournament. Then, during the tenures of the next two incompetent coaches, the ACC had grown to the extent that WF was two wins away from actually playing a good team. So, WF is 2-15 against the BCs, Pitts, Miamis, Notre Dames, NC States and GTs, when those teams were having awful seasons, over the last decade and a half. WF is literally 2-15 against the ACC bottom feeders in the tournament. High Point would be better than 2-15 against those teams. F-ing BC, who doesn't really care about basketball, has won as many ACCT games in the last 48 hours than WF has in 15 years.

Putting a finer point on this, over those 15 years, we are 2-13 in our opening ACC tournament game, against opponents whose aggregate ACC record was 88-176, for a .333 winning percentage. (of course we are 0-2 in our second games, against two teams with winning ACC records).

Yes - teams who have come into the ACC tournament with an aggregate winning percentage of .333 have beaten us 87% of the time.

oh - and also, the last time WF did the following:

1. had a .500 or better record in ACC play; and
2. beat a team with a .500 or better record in ACC play in the ACCT

was 1996

The Butler game was the day of my bachelor party and lets just say it put a little damper on the activities (for the first hour, anyway)

If we end up making the tournament, I want the next hype video to be a shirts and skins practice in some sweaty middle school gym in south Dayton and eating one steak per person at Sizzler.

The Butler game was the day of my bachelor party and lets just say it put a little damper on the activities (for the first hour, anyway)

That was the first day of a friend’s bachelor party weekend too. We left during the second half and went to campus to do a home run derby at Kentner Stadium.

Sizzler? You wanna have this team show up to play with food poisoning or the trots?

If we end up making the tournament, I want the next hype video to be a shirts and skins practice in some sweaty middle school gym in south Dayton and eating one steak per person at Sizzler.

Precisely or how about no hype video. In one way I feel badly for Wake athletes as they get so little love on social media because of our small fan base. On the other hand I look at all the hype stuff put out by someone who’s only tangentially tied to the team and think, eh this is dumb. Just play.

#old

I feel like we are underplaying the significance of the Peter Luger dinner, and we should be taking this more seriously. It's shameful that Forbes thought this was a good idea, considering what was at stake. He's out there kowtowing to Shah and Currie, instead of focusing on putting together a meaty game plan -- which obviously showed - his strategy against BC was not well done.

I definitely have a beef with the decision, and Forbes deserves to be grilled for it. He butchered this game. I just hope it's a rare mistake - he needs to steer clear of this in the future. We won't meet him halfway on this again.
Ketchup

I feel like we are underplaying the significance of the Peter Luger dinner, and we should be taking this more seriously. It's shameful that Forbes thought this was a good idea, considering what was at stake. He's out there kowtowing to Shah and Currie, instead of focusing on putting together a meaty game plan -- which obviously showed - his strategy against BC was not well done.

I definitely have a beef with the decision, and Forbes deserves to be grilled for it. He butchered this game. I just hope it's a rare mistake - he needs to steer clear of this in the future. We won't meet him halfway on this again.

:golfclap:

Back