• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, PETER LUGER

I feel pretty damn bad for Isaiah Mucius. He played hard and he Dove on the floor and he wanted that win more than anyone on the. He just played a bad game in terms of missing shots, as did daivien. LaRavia, was the only one who came out to play ball and we will be lucky if he comes back next season.

It’s basketball gods, steak bitten, etc., but as has been stated, it’s also a lack of killer instinct.

Natty talk always triggers me. Especially when UNC reps the one in the 50s.

At least UNC is now a Q1 win. Maybe that'll move the needle for us.

“Peter Luger” is headed for the pantheon of March sadness phrases that instantly recall our postseason futility like nut punch, pittsnogle, Cleveland steamer

CP3 taking a phone call from Michael Jordan during a team dinner on "The Season."

y'all put a lot of stock in shit that doesn't matter

it is as if you've never had distractions n your every day life and just couldn't possibly perform at your job.

ridiculous. grow up.

I understand why so many of us are salty but the GREAT Wake teams of the 90's and 2000's routinely went out for steak dinners at Ryan's Steakhouse in Winston-Salem before games (seen it mentioned many times in Wake lore / by former players). Attempting to blame one of the biggest reasons behind our success for a lackluster performance is a knee jerk reaction and terrible take. The team had a week off. They were coming off the emotional high of seeing their Coach win ACCCOY and their friend win ACCPOY. We were rusty, terrible on defense, and didn't' come close to playing to our ability. Instead of proving that we could hang with anyone and deserved to be in the tournament we showed that we can lose to anyone and might be better suited in the runner up tourney. That tourney was always the ceiling for many of us (I recall a poll on these boards where the majority agreed).

Thanks Brendan!

Lol what are you talking about?

The point was that if someone says nut punch in connection with wake bb, you know exactly what it refers to. 10 years from now of someone mentions Peter lugers, you’ll remember it in the same way.

y'all put a lot of stock in shit that doesn't matter

it is as if you've never had distractions n your every day life and just couldn't possibly perform at your job.

ridiculous. grow up.

No. It’s as if we do perform through distractions and get frustrated by a program that doesn’t.

But you’re being purposefully obtuse. I explained the issue. This is yet another example of Wake sports losing to a less talented team who “wanted it more.” A celebratory fancy steak dinner is just a symbol of a team thinking they’re destined to win instead of putting in the work.

We’re headed back to Luger’s before the games tonight if anyone else wants me to snap bro pics around there.

We get it, you're thirsty and want everyone to know you eat overpriced steak.

No. It’s as if we do perform through distractions and get frustrated by a program that doesn’t.

But you’re being purposefully obtuse. I explained the issue. This is yet another example of Wake sports losing to a less talented team who “wanted it more.” A celebratory fancy steak dinner is just a symbol of a team thinking they’re destined to win instead of putting in the work.

Seriously, you're projecting your own feelings/thoughts onto others.

You want to make sense of the fucking nonsense we saw Wednesday afternoon, so you are picking out the steak dinner on Tuesday night as a cause, but that's bullshit.

We just got beat because the situation caused the boys to tense up a little too much. see: the free throw %

Going to Peter Luger’s twice in a 72 hour period of time while in one of the world’s great food cities is sad.

yeah steakhouses are super boring. if you're gonna drop that kind of coin on a fancy meal (especially for a second time), go to Le Bernardin or something

my teenagers derisively call dudes like Donald Ross a Try Hard. I countered with "trying hard is a good thing". They countered back with, "not like this, it' not".

Back