• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

I'm sure message boards, Twitter threads, and Facebook groups all over the country are saying Wake's resume is trash, too.

What's so sad is the committee ignoring an entire ACC season and our 13-7 in conference record, matching our best win total ever....

Imagine winning a close basketball game where you score zero FGs in the last 4 min like Duke did. I wonder what it feels like for refs to suck your dick like that. Meanwhile, Wake and the POY/COY had refs award 9 straight FTs to a garbage BC to entirely change the tone of the game.

Having seen a bunch of their games, I actually think Providence is a really good team and it almost pains me to say that because I live here and I despise the Big East.

Well this didn't age well...

I'm sure message boards, Twitter threads, and Facebook groups all over the country are saying Wake's resume is trash, too.

Some heads gonna explode on here when these “trash” teams that won conference tournament games make the NCAA tournament Sunday.

I am pretty jealous of these teams actually making a late-season charge to secure a bid rather than stacking disappointments and slouching its way toward the NIT.

NET has not been around long, but Rutgers is going to be around 80. That seems low. 75 on kenpom too. I understand, and agree, that winning should matter and you should not just look at metrics like kenpom. Rutgers is 18-13 though.

Scoreboard- didn't we beat vt at their place by 19 and finish 2 games ahead in the standings?? :dumb:

If VT wins tonight, is that the nail in the coffin?

Metrics have always loved VT. If everyone thought of VT as a top 25 team that win would mean a lot more. Instead it has been that Wake has 1 quad 1 win and it is against a team not making the tournament.

Scoreboard- didn't we beat vt at their place by 19 and finish 2 games ahead in the standings?? :dumb:

Forbes made the argument during the BC postgame presser that teams change throughout the year. Specifically siting that when Louisville beat us, they were still considered a top tier ACC team playing for it all, and also still had their coach. By even his own logic, we have our 2 worst losses of the season in our last 4 games.

We lost a game we had won with 6 minutes left to a team we previously beat by 30. That is all.

We lost a game we had won with 6 minutes left to a team we previously beat by 30. That is all.

Not lost on any of us I’m sure. If we miss the tourney, it’s no great injustice. Just trying to gauge if I can still hold out hope and if I need to stay up and root for Carolina.

Source says alcohol is not exactly taboo, but some members are more on board than others.

Apparently someone thinks Wake is ten miles from Chapel Hill.

Back