• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

Keeping Laravia would be enough for me to say it is not square one. If he bails too, square one.

All of this talk makes me really miss the old college basketball and the old ACC. I don’t want a whole new set of players every year, but I guess this is what it is.

I'm kinda surprised it is a thought LaRavia would leave. Guy needs a lot of work securing the ball on the perimeter if he wants to play professionally.

I got a kick out of the idea of Biff’s friend going into the conference room refilling waters and bringing mozzarella sticks then texting Biff what they were talking about.

Pretty misogynistic take there. Although it’s probably pretty accurate.

All of this talk makes me really miss the old college basketball and the old ACC. I don’t want a whole new set of players every year, but I guess this is what it is.

Me too. I remember back in 80's and 90's I could name every starting player on every ACC team. Now I don't know more than a few.

The main thing we have going for us re Laravia is that we have a coach that players actually want to play for.

I’d like to believe he would want a season to be “the man” and work himself into the first round. It seems highly likely that he would get drafted this year, but being a second round pick in the NBA carries little relevance as far as money, roster spot, etc.

Showing up at 38 on someone’s list isn’t highly likely to get drafted. That’s basically one of a bunch of guys who are like 10/40/50 chance at the 1st/2nd/undrafted. That list also doesn’t include freshmen who aren’t the top guys and probably leaves out some international prospects.

Last edited:
Peter Luger

Bubba

Minnesota

THE tournament

Density

Salt

Passivity

Earl Grant was prepared

Isaiah Wilkins

So much to catalog and remember for future reference.

Ya TAMU winning closes it to a single open slot which means almost certainly Wake is out. I have Indiana in already so that game doesn't matter.

All hope now is based on some unexpected ratings inversion with Rutgers, Michigan, or ND being behind Wake somehow. I'd put the chances of being in at this point in the single digit percentages.

Pretty cool that A&M chickened out of our bowl game, and now they’re going to be part of the reason we don’t play in the NCAAT.

All hope now is based on some unexpected ratings inversion with Rutgers, Michigan, or ND being behind Wake somehow. I'd put the chances of being in at this point in the single digit percentages.

ND being in has me most pissed. They’re not good.

the more likely path of last hope would be those teams you mention all in, along with A&M, Indiana, VT, and WF the last team in ahead of:

SMU - plays Memphis today in semifinal; need a Memphis win
Dayton - plays Richmond today in semifinal; probably need a Richmond win and then definitely need a Davidson win tomorrow
Oklahoma - season over
Xavier - season over
Wyoming - season over
BYU - season over
North Texas - season over
VCU - season over

but I think one or more of those teams will get in ahead of WF

Back