• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

Yep. Things have just gone from bad to worse as far as our NCAAT fate. Our POY had the ball in his hands at winning time vs bc and tripped all over himself. :(

We're on the outside looking in despite 13 ACC wins. :mad:

Forbes better use an NIT run with a trip back to NYC as practice for future NCAAT's.

The NIT is just so fucking lame.

With that said, I had an absolute blast at MSG watching the Deacs beat D'oh's Irish.

If an ACC team that went 23-8 (13-7) in the regular season doesn't make the tourney, then that is just crazy in my opinion. However, if that is going to happen to an ACC team, then it would surely be us.

How does a Xavier team with a sub 500 conference record (8-11) get serious consideration? Doesn’t wash.

How does a Xavier team with a sub 500 conference record (8-11) get serious consideration? Doesn’t wash.

Xavier doesn't deserve a bid. They have closed the season on 2 out of 10 run. They lost to #137 Butler in the Big East tournament. There is a movement to fire Travis Steele. The argument is that Xavier played a solid OOC schedule and beat tOSU (who also has fallen apart), VT (so did WF) and OK State (ineligible for the NCAAs in out of conference games. Not saying WF deserves to get in, but WF deserves it more than Xavier right now.

I feel like that’s a minimum qualifier. So compare that with our resume. And we both lost in first round of conf tourney. I just don’t see how you put X ahead of Wake. Not sure Big East is Better than ACC

X should be out because placing them in Dayton is a reward on its own. Ohio teams should be ineligible for the first 4

Xavier's best two wins -- UConn and Ohio State -- were at home too. Away from home they lost a lot of games, are wins over VT (neutral by one), @ Oklahoma State and @ Creighton really enough?

The Big East is an annoying league. UConn and Nova are legit good, PC has been incredibly fortunate to win basically every close game and is way worse than their record indicates and then everyone else (Gtown excluded) is in just a morass of mediocrity -- it really doesn't feel like all of their bubble teams should get in.

If we do get in I'd be delighted to draw any Big East team besides UConn/Nova

Xavier's best two wins -- UConn and Ohio State -- were at home too. Away from home they lost a lot of games, are wins over VT (neutral by one), @ Oklahoma State and @ Creighton really enough?

The Big East is an annoying league. UConn and Nova are legit good, PC has been incredibly fortunate to win basically every close game and is way worse than their record indicates and then everyone else (Gtown excluded) is in just a morass of mediocrity -- it really doesn't feel like all of their bubble teams should get in.

If we do get in I'd be delighted to draw any Big East team besides UConn/Nova

Having seen a bunch of their games, I actually think Providence is a really good team and it almost pains me to say that because I live here and I despise the Big East.

I'm sure we are cooked, but much like the RPI was flawed there is some issues in NET. In the Mountain West the top 6 of 7 have NET below 75, which creates 5 road quad 1 wins. Looking at a lot of the schedules, other than beating St. Mary's and maybe OK there are not a lot of 'big' wins, other than against each other. They played a good amount of tough road games OOC but they didn't go out and win many of those.

Only looked at the conference since Wyoming seemed to come from nowhere to the bubble.

I know the committee tries to pretend a conference tournament game matters no different than one in November, but there has to be a conversation of who the team is today and Xavier fails that test by a mile. Wake doesn’t ace that test either, but if it really came down to one last team and it was Wake or X, it would be ridiculous to go with X.

I'm sure we are cooked, but much like the RPI was flawed there is some issues in NET. In the Mountain West the top 6 of 7 have NET below 75, which creates 5 road quad 1 wins. Looking at a lot of the schedules, other than beating St. Mary's and maybe OK there are not a lot of 'big' wins, other than against each other. They played a good amount of tough road games OOC but they didn't go out and win many of those.

Only looked at the conference since Wyoming seemed to come from nowhere to the bubble.

You are right— the Mountain West is seriously overrated this year ( watch a lot of games —CSU connection). Their top four teams
assumed to be in the tournament would struggle against mid level ( Wake, Virginia, Va Tech,Cuse) ACC teams on a neutral court.

So they’ve figured out how to game the system. The ACC needs to do the same.

This program absolutely accepts an NIT invite if that ends up being the case. Dayton sucks and no way should be in over Wake.

Duke has to get away with more contact on the defensive end than any other team in the country. Just unreal.

I will be unhappy but not surprised if we don't get in - we had our chances to cement a bid. But, if we don't get in and X does get in, I am going to be Pissed!

Back