• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Consolidated Bracketology Thread 3/12/23 updates

It's only fitting that our final play that damned our whole season was another stupid Man man turnover. On a play that Forbes didn't call a timeout. Our two biggest weakness, turnovers and in game coaching derailing the season.

Yeah that may do it. All the teams around us keep winning games in their conference tournaments.

I don’t think Wake or Xavier get in.

I do find it incomprehensible that we were in by about 10 teams when we beat State but not playing on Saturday and then losing to BC dropped us over 10 spots. I've never heard of one loss being so catastrophic.

Watching all these shitty teams win games they have no business winning, because it matters to them, is just that much more infuriating because we are competely incapable of doing that when it matters as a program. Super un-clutch.

Dayton has at least 4-5 terrible losses. I’m sorry I don’t think there resume is even close to ours.

Dayton lost at home to Lipscomb by 19. That was Lipscomb's only win against any of the top 223 teams in the country. Dayton also lost at home to #250 UMass-Lowell and #289 Austin Peay

Of course, Dayton also beat Kansas, Miami, and Virginia Tech

the A-10 went 9-2 vs. the ACC

Davidson 0-0 no ACC teams (beat Alabama)
Dayton 2-0 beat Miami and VT
VCU 1-0 beat Syracuse
St. Bonnie 1-1 beat Clemson, lost to VT
Saint Louis 1-0 beat BC
Richmond 1-0 beat NC State
Fordham 0-1 lost to Miami
Rhode Island 2-0 beat Boston College twice

Last edited:
Watching all these shitty teams win games they have no business winning, because it matters to them, is just that much more infuriating because we are competely incapable of doing that when it matters as a program. Super un-clutch.

Exactly. That the most frustrating thing. The most basic accomplishments that other teams stumble into like playing on Thurs/Friday in the real NCAA Tournament are impossible for us. How many different programs have gotten at-large bids without playing in the First Four since 2011? Gotta be at least 80-100, right?

the A-10 went 9-2 vs. the ACC

Davidson 0-0 no ACC teams (beat Alabama)
Dayton 2-0 beat Miami and VT
VCU 1-0 beat Syracuse
St. Bonnie 1-1 beat Clemson, lost to VT
Saint Louis 1-0 beat BC
Richmond 1-0 beat NC State
Fordham 0-1 lost to Miami
Rhode Island 2-0 beat Boston College twice

I wonder why the ACC didn’t get much respect this year. Gah BC sucks, what the hell!

Is the NIT championship still at MSG? If so...there might be a return trip to Peter Luger's on the line...

SMU gets a 25-point win - Bracket Matrix says they were already in Dayton. They probably play Memphis tomorrow to seal it.

Back