• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Professional Deacon Golf

How anyone (fans or players) can prefer LIV golf nonsense to this drama blows my mind....

He did it!!! He f’ing did it!!!! Great job, Will!!!

Rules / ethics question: is it kosher for him to say “yeah I’m gonna hit off the rocks so you’re away” and make that dude chip and then change his mind and go back to the drop after the other dude plays?

Rules / ethics question: is it kosher for him to say “yeah I’m gonna hit off the rocks so you’re away” and make that dude chip and then change his mind and go back to the drop after the other dude plays?

I was wondering the same thing. Make sure he doesn’t chip it in from bunker and then your ok going back to drop zone was probably the thinking.

Interesting thought. I think will was really considering the chip from the rocks. It does change the equation with sepp going first. Interesting

Sepp did the same on the previous hole with Will punching it onto the fairway. Sepp decided to take the relief instead of hitting with one foot in the water.

Totally legit to let your opponent show their hand.

The order of play is determined by the position of both balls. Will’s ball (albeit a bad lay) was closer, so Sepp had to play first. Then Will gets to decide what he’ll do (per my husband.)

I think this situation has played out before in the match play event, where someone hits it in the water up near the green, but is technically still not "away" even after going back to the drop zone/penalty drop because their ball is considered to be in play where it rests (even if thatbis at the bottom of a pond).

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/03/28/golf-rules-match-play-scottie-scheffler-matt-kuchar/

I don't know if the rule is the same in stroke play or not, but Straka may have been "away" and had to play first no matter what Zalatoris was planning to do.

The perfect ending!! A deacon win and on the last holes, I could see the "go deacons" sticking out of his back pocket.

Pretty wild that Will won because his putter bailed out some sketchy tee shots.

He was away. Absolutely had the right to make Sepp hit first. No doubt.

Anyway, just so proud of him for hanging in through some disappointments, and staying great. He’s a real threat to win it all. Just so proud of him and how he’s handled himself.

9deefbc94810325acbb9cd8896fd2cab.jpg

Hell yeah!

Time to stop the shaky putter rap against him to bed…over the last 6 months Z has been the best putter in golf and absolutely deadly from mid range. There’s nobody in golf who I’d rather have over a 15 footer than Z

Time to stop the shaky putter rap against him to bed…over the last 6 months Z has been the best putter in golf and absolutely deadly from mid range. There’s nobody in golf who I’d rather have over a 15 footer than Z

He's still scary from inside five feet. His stroke radically changes. He's making it work. But it's different the closer in he gets

I want to see Will and Cam play in some kind of charity scramble and shoot a 50.

Back