• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BzzzOUT - Nine Years ago

Yeah, this interview was just so weird. Especially the piano fingers.

The piano fingers were great. I remember someone photoshopping a kids piano under his hands at one point.

My favorite was him reaching into the shallow depths of his little brain to recall the website for the event. I always imagined someone in the AD standing in front of the TV screaming "Dammit, Jeff botched the web address. Someone go book whatever the fuck domain name he just said before the BzzOut mafia does!"

The piano fingers were great. I remember someone photoshopping a kids piano under his hands at one point.
Googled "[name redacted] piano" and this is what came up. I laughed a lot.
pCQqM.jpg

By this time next month, there will have been 804 NCAA Tournament games since 2010. Wake Forest played in one of them.

I mean, I suppose I could be happier.

By this time next month, there will have been 804 NCAA Tournament games since 2010. Wake Forest played in one of them.
Mildly misleading because I'm the first round Wake would only be eligible to participate in 1 of 32 games each year if they made it.

Also, we didn't not make the NCAAT in 2017 - we failed to play in.

Mildly misleading because I'm the first round Wake would only be eligible to participate in 1 of 32 games each year if they made it.

Also, we didn't not make the NCAAT in 2017 - we failed to play in.

I recognize under the best of circumstances it would end up being a small percentage, but let's start with getting to a plural figure. If you're judging the 2010 and 2014 hires, this data point is all you need to know.

By contrast, Wake's one game would place them fourth in the Conference during that time.

The Ohio Valley Conference.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were a lot of naysayers regarding that billboard. Many who thought it was embarrassing and shameful. I was not one of them.

They are the same feckless toolbags who got upset when we rolled the quad following Bzzz's dismissal.

Anyone have the photo of that clown doing a radio interview wearing his headset like a 3 year old? I think it was backwards or on top of his head.

This thread has been the perfect tonic to put our tournament bid disappointment into perspective. I had forgotten most of this, and what amusingly tragic at the time has become completely hilarious with age.

My favorite Bz memory was being at a season opening Thursday night football game (I think against Presbyterian), and it was during the second half. I was sitting in Section 8 and the crowd had thinned out. I looked to my right, and Bz was sitting about 12 seats down from me. He was by himself, and had that giant watch on, and was totally anonymous. I just remember thinking that if Skip Prosser had been sitting there like that, he would have been mobbed. I did not take the time to introduce myself and disturb his solitude.

I remember when bzzdick and Grobe were in Raleigh doing a Deacon Club function and my son and I attended.

After it was over, everybody went to talk to Grobe and bzzdick stayed all by himself in the corner.

Just a weird dude. :dumb:

Wellman helped his friend stay near his daughter so it all worked out.

What a doof. Reading this thread and reliving those days makes me understand why people watch foxnews. Anger and having someone that you hate are powerful emotions. They arent healthy but they are powerful and I remember reading this board just to find out what asinine thing bz had done now.

What a doof. Reading this thread and reliving those days makes me understand why people watch foxnews. Anger and having someone that you hate are powerful emotions. They arent healthy but they are powerful and I remember reading this board just to find out what asinine thing bz had done now.

No doubt...
b8a4a3e7d6bd6b2464f84536882913cb.jpg

It generally involved losing a basketball game.

I remember being one of probably 10 people listening to that very show. It was the guy from Mocksville calling who sounded about 3 sheets to the wind. It was the infamous ".... you have a good night ... buddy!!!" response from Bz.

Hilarious.
We had a live-running thread during that infamous radio show before callers were banned.

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...urday-Talks-Culture-w-Bz?highlight=radio+show

I can't remember what he said exactly, but Caturday brought the heat.

We had a live-running thread during that infamous radio show before callers were banned.

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...urday-Talks-Culture-w-Bz?highlight=radio+show

I can't remember what he said exactly, but Caturday brought the heat.

LOL. Tried to re-watch/listen to that infamous broadcast but, shockingly, "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by IMG/The Collegiate Licensing Company".

I'm sure Ronnie boy was working overtime with his pals to get this thing taken down as soon as possible. God, what a horrible lost decade of basketball. Partially football as well.

LOL. Tried to re-watch/listen to that infamous broadcast but, shockingly, "This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by IMG/The Collegiate Licensing Company".

I'm sure Ronnie boy was working overtime with his pals to get this thing taken down as soon as possible. God, what a horrible lost decade of basketball. Partially football as well.
Paging demondeacfreak.. Please tell us you have that saved somewhere and could re-upload it?

Back