• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Honestly, it blows that Jake is likely gone. But it also is a testament to this staff's scout's eye, connections, and development potential. That's a silver lining, imo.

We rarely developed prospects in the last few coaching regimes. Forbes turned one guy into a first rounder, a career reserve into ACCPOY and a draft prospect, and likely will end up placing two players at a high level domestically or solid level internationally.

Color me impressed.

minor point - the deadline is tomorrow (June 1) at 11:59 pm

that said, I would be absolutely shocked if we withdrew from the draft

Yeah, Jake isn't withdrawing his name and he shouldn't. If he goes top 20, which I suspect he will, he's going to be glad he declared this year.

Honestly, it blows that Jake is likely gone. But it also is a testament to this staff's scout's eye, connections, and development potential. That's a silver lining, imo.

We rarely developed prospects in the last few coaching regimes. Forbes turned one guy into a first rounder, a career reserve into ACCPOY and a draft prospect, and likely will end up placing two players at a high level domestically or solid level internationally.

Color me impressed.

Agree. And it makes me confident that we will be more than competitive next year. Too bad the NCAA screwed a good team this past season.

Color me impressed.

I was shocked Walton got invited to Portsmouth. He's actually working out with the Blazers today. He has a chance of getting on a Summer League roster.

Some good insight posted on Conor's Rivals board about the situation with Jake. Wouldn't say it's a safe assumption at all to say he's gone. Wouldn't be surprised either way.

Seems odd he hasn’t said either way at this point.

Seems odd he hasn’t said either way at this point.

The only thing you can take from that and combine it with Jake still frequently talking to Forbes and staff is that a firm decision has not been made.

Maybe he’s having trouble finding someone to do a photoshopped photo of his farewell letter, or highlight reel saying he’s returning

I’m happy for Jake but man it sucks that State and UNC have 2022 NBA draft prospects coming back and we don’t.

NIL fail. They paid up

Don’t know about State. They all want Keatts gone, and Smith was a chucker on a very bad team. Actually maybe they did want him back to keep putting up 18 shots/game and hasten KK,s departure

NIL fail. They paid up

This seems like it could be completely accurate but do we have any proof? I was thinking to myself that it would have absolutely been the purpose of the Top Hat Collective to find a deal for Jake and present it to him. He literally gave us the full amount of time possible to raise funds and make an offer. Maybe we did and it wasn't high enough. Maybe he didn't care and was staying in the draft either way.

Back to the "proof" question though, tangible proof about the UNC guys and NC State guys should be easy to find if it exists. NIL data should be public right?

On a separate note it will be great to have a few more NBA players to cheer for so I am really hoping some of our guys have Collins level success. Wonder if Forbes has been the head coach for any legit NBA stars yet.

Top Hat Collective still doesn’t have any players listed. As far as I’ve seen, they have deals a few alums to do speaking gigs and that’s it.

Back