• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 35: Deacs @ A&M -- Wednesday 7 pm - ESPN 2

If anything, at least this game reinforces our need to find guys who can snipe from outside. We've had streaky guys all year, and Monsanto seems like he can be the kind of guy in the future, but you need at least one guy if not two that will make a defense respect the three game. We have none. Everybody on the floor can shoot the three, but none very well. Not a good recipe for a team that shoots as many threes as we do.

This can be addressed through the transfer portal, assuming we find someone who is capable of making 3's with the type of pressure that A&M applies.

Oh look, A&M students lined up to get in the game. I'm sure it was like that at Wake for our first two games, as well...

They have 72,000 students. The odds of 200 of them giving a shit are pretty good since they probably grew up in College Station with alum parents who work at the local gas station.

Just because a player is not all ACC doesn’t make them not ACC level??? Completely disagree and at times Sy was arguably above avg although inconsistent and the combo of him and Dallas were a great inside combo and why we were top 3 in rebounding. Mucius was definitely ACC level with his D and ability hit 3 when open. And Williamson was more than capable although weak on D and very inconsistent at times. So 6 very capable ACC players and Monsanto is a 6th man every ACC coach would love to have.

6 capable ACC players does not equal 5 legit ACC starters. I never said we didn’t have ACC talent, only that we have 2 legit ACC starters and the rest are bench players.

I'm not going to dispute the "over dribbling" complaint but I think the ill-advised cross court passes have been a bigger problem. They also lead to more easy baskets.

Kentucky 60. Wake 26 at Half

As I recall Kentucky score 30 before we reached 10

the turnovers have been a problem all season but wake was able to hit some shots at least. this game, they can't hit a goddamn thing. ergo, why tamu is up big and is only shooting 33% (same as wake from 3, 1 of 14).

If anything, at least this game reinforces our need to find guys who can snipe from outside. We've had streaky guys all year, and Monsanto seems like he can be the kind of guy in the future, but you need at least one guy if not two that will make a defense respect the three game. We have none. Everybody on the floor can shoot the three, but none very well. Not a good recipe for a team that shoots as many threes as we do.

yeah our outside shooting is okay and buoyed a bit by our ability to generate pretty high quality looks but not special.

i think you need good role players to play defense, rebound, handle the ball without turning it over and hit outside shots. i’m not sure we have any support players (not williams or laravia) who can do three of those which is a problem.

they shoot anything better than ass shithole fuck cunt dookie, it's a single digit game

Back