• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody have a golden tee set up at home?

I bought one of those arcade machines on etsy that has 15,000 or so games on it, and it has a trackball and about 10 different older versions of golden tee. Still a good time, but the newer versions of GT are better.

Yeah if I was going to do it I think I'd want one of the newer nicer versions, but it looks like those are like $4K? Figured Palma might have some insider knowledge.

My beard is probably 3-5% gray. Not sure how much you need to count.

My first grader made one of those “all about my dad” type things for Father’s Day and she listed my hair color as gray. Sick burn, you’re getting an early bedtime.

Keep me posted on the Golden Tee stuff... I'd be interested, but $4k is a bit much for a single game.

If I could grow a beard, it would be very gray at this point.

But I can only really grow a neckbeard and nobody wants that.

grew up with a guy who is now a reporter for CBS sports -- Chip Patterson -- and he was full on gray in his late-20s -- pretty wild to me

my beard turns red when it gets a little length to it, but pretty minimal grey

I still have absolutely no idea if "gray" and "grey" are interchangeable -- presumably one is more british

Guys....sometimes when everything turns to shit, it really turns to shit.

I posted on here a few months ago about my grandfather on my mom's side getting cancer. It was melanoma that metastasized to his brain/lung/liver/bone. He was doing pretty bad, but then got better with radiation. And then last week just hit a wall and got so much worse.

Unfortunately he passed away Sunday, on Father's Day. It's been such a rough week.

To make it immensely worse, my dad's dad got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a week after my mom's dad was diagnosed. He had been doing good the whole time, but Monday, the day after my mom's dad passed, he hit a wall as well and was taken to the hospital. Unfortunately, the ambulance took him to the wrong hospital and no one knew where he was for 2 hours, and he was sitting on a gurney in the ER waiting area/hallway for 5 hours. No doctor would sign a release to have him transported to the correct hospital. He called and told my grandma to bring his shoes and he was "getting the fuck outta there". By the time anyone could get him in a room and family could get there, he had become unresponsive.

He passed away late last night.

I've never really known anyone that died....and now both of my grandfathers have died 4 days apart. IDK what to do with myself. My poor parents are struggling. My mom had barely started grieving when my dad's dad passed. So she has to be there for my dad, all while trying to grieve for her own father....and vice versa. I don't know how they're going to handle the next few days/weeks/months. I feel like there's nothing I can do. I don't know how to do it.

Life just really sucks sometimes.

If you guys could just keep us in your thoughts, that would be really appreciated. We aren't religious, but my dad's parents are/were. So feel free to send prayers if that's your thing.

I'll probably be around here trying to distract myself for a while. Hope everyone is well, and just wanted to say be sure to hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. You never know when it will be the last time you get to do that.

Sorry for the debbie downer post. I know it's difficult to post about normal stuff when someone drops in with bad news. Have a good day all.

thanks for telling us. that's a lot for anyone to deal with.

it's okay to struggle with it and I hope you have others in your life (irl) to process this with as well.

Guys....sometimes when everything turns to shit, it really turns to shit.

I posted on here a few months ago about my grandfather on my mom's side getting cancer. It was melanoma that metastasized to his brain/lung/liver/bone. He was doing pretty bad, but then got better with radiation. And then last week just hit a wall and got so much worse.

Unfortunately he passed away Sunday, on Father's Day. It's been such a rough week.

To make it immensely worse, my dad's dad got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a week after my mom's dad was diagnosed. He had been doing good the whole time, but Monday, the day after my mom's dad passed, he hit a wall as well and was taken to the hospital. Unfortunately, the ambulance took him to the wrong hospital and no one knew where he was for 2 hours, and he was sitting on a gurney in the ER waiting area/hallway for 5 hours. No doctor would sign a release to have him transported to the correct hospital. He called and told my grandma to bring his shoes and he was "getting the fuck outta there". By the time anyone could get him in a room and family could get there, he had become unresponsive.

He passed away late last night.

I've never really known anyone that died....and now both of my grandfathers have died 4 days apart. IDK what to do with myself. My poor parents are struggling. My mom had barely started grieving when my dad's dad passed. So she has to be there for my dad, all while trying to grieve for her own father....and vice versa. I don't know how they're going to handle the next few days/weeks/months. I feel like there's nothing I can do. I don't know how to do it.

Life just really sucks sometimes.

If you guys could just keep us in your thoughts, that would be really appreciated. We aren't religious, but my dad's parents are/were. So feel free to send prayers if that's your thing.

I'll probably be around here trying to distract myself for a while. Hope everyone is well, and just wanted to say be sure to hug your loved ones and tell them you love them. You never know when it will be the last time you get to do that.

Sorry for the debbie downer post. I know it's difficult to post about normal stuff when someone drops in with bad news. Have a good day all.

Dude, I am so sorry. The ambulance fuck up...damn that is just ridiculous. So sorry.

That's brutal, OP, sorry. Not that it helps your grief, but that hospital better have good medical malpractice coverage and pay your family a lot.

I also haven't been around too much death, but was hit pretty hard when a golf buddy passed away at 51 last week. Woke up with trouble breathing, but no apparent chest pain, and died in the ambulance. Scary stuff. Family didn't care to do an autopsy, so no clue what really happened.

Shit, for $4K, you might as well just get an actual golf simulator.

I have looked into the actual golf simulators, there's a forum specifically related to those. It's really hard to get a straight answer as to what would be the best setup from your basic research. I thought I found out what was the best one, then read about a dude who dropped like $300k on a full setup and ended up disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back