• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

BSD tearing it up as usual.

So we have two PFs who would love to play for us and would be perfect fits, but they don't have offers. What gives? I'm guessing that we're taking time to evaluate the other bigs?

I love how this site and BSD work so well together. Great thread and write-up on 2012 and 2013 recruits. Thanks

Group posrep

Coach [Redacted] was in the stands today checking out 2012's Carlos Morris (6'6 SG).

2012Targets.png

2012 Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting Update

This is awesome 27. FYI RE: Moto, Episcopal is in VA, not NC.

what does the yellow represent on the ^^^ spreadsheet? is that who is interested in WFU?

Green - high interest from a player
Orange - some interest
Red - low interest
Black - interest not gauged

I am really starting to get confused about our recruiting plan if we might offer a 2012 SG.

I am really starting to get confused about our recruiting plan if we might offer a 2012 SG.

Morris is pretty much the same size as Andrew White. Seems like a back up plan if we don't get white or moto?

Yeah I see that Morris is 6'6'' but his ESPN eval makes him sound like a 1/2 perimeter oriented tweener while White and Moto sound like more traditional SFs that attack the glass and can rebound. Add to that Rountree is more or a 2/3 tweener than a 3/4 tweener.

I was under the assumption that we could get by with two 6'6''/6'7'' guys on the court at at the forward spots at the same time if they were elite guys and both rebounded at a higher level. Maybe Bz is checking if he sees that in Morris... I don't know but if he comes here to play 2 I can't find minutes without some roster shakeups.

Update from Brian Snow on Rountree and Morris posted today:

Aaron Rountree, SF, Team Raptors Elite – This is a kid who is absolutely loaded with talent and potential. Rountree is nearly 6-foot-8 with a tight handle and excellent court vision. He showed a great ability to get to the rim, and once in the lane made several nice passes. Now he didn’t shoot it very much, but his skill set is a very unique and impressive one.

Carlos Morris, SG/SF, Team DH Warriors – In the past he has been known as a shooter, but Morris showed an impressive ability to slash to the cup. A well above average athlete with extremely long arms and a good ability to handle the basketball, Morris is a tough matchup since he can shoot over guys or take them off

Both of those evals sound good. Morris is described more in the SF role there. We are going to be able to throw some pretty creative lineups out in the future.

This is awesome 27. FYI RE: Moto, Episcopal is in VA, not NC.

Ah yeah...I knew that...I was just using Stonz spreadsheet and probably forgot to delete that and left it like it was...will fix and update with Morris on there too.

Also, I would assume Morris would be played at the 3 if he came here. We still need to land White or Moto. They are both high on Wake I think, but the longer it takes them to commit (and other schools court them), obviously the worse our chances get imo.

I didn't realize that Moto's hs coach is Jim fitzpatrick. I guess that could help.

Back