• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

From watching an interview of his, he's a big Timmy D fan, lets hook it up.

Devin Thomas isn't Top 100 on Scout. Zena is Top 75.

Zena has an interesting mix of offers:

Colorado
AZ State
Zags
USC (the real one)
Harvard
Mizzou

Looks to me like the staff is giving Devin a dose if reality. My guess is that we want Devin bad and offered Zena to set the table for Devin. Not that we don't want Zena but that he is more of a longshot than devin.

Sometimes the best way to get a kid to commit is to offer another recruit you have been pursuing. Scholarships are a limited resource. I would think if either Zena or Devin commit that the other would be out of luck at Wake.

I agree, its probably first come first serve at this point. We could use either one desperately.

Devin sounds like more of a pure rebounder who's game is playing with energy, I would be fine with him.

It also sounds like we have been on devin longer. I would be happy with either on as well.

Anyone know how to properly pronounce Zena? Is it like Zee-na, Zen-uh or Zin-a?

Anyone know how to properly pronounce Zena? Is it like Zee-na, Zen-uh or Zin-a?

Mentions Tim Duncan as his favorite NBA player.

And just an impressive skill set display.

It is a long shot but Wake is always good with the big time athletics/education combo as a selling point.

Evan Daniels says today that Devin Thomas is taking 5 visits, so I wouldn't expect an imminent commitment despite the offer.

Thanks FYC. I will say that I don't think that the interviewer in the first video could possibly say "you know" more often.

Is it as shitty in down in W-S as it is in DC today?

Not a great time to visit, virtually no one on campus, right?

Telep wrote an entry on Andrew White today:

White collected scores of offers, maybe too many

Andrew White (Richmond, Va./Miller School), the No. 76 overall player, is always careful to thank his teammates, coaches and family because he knows his recruitment has been a journey full of peaks and valleys. Now, White is on top of the mountain thanks to his hard work and extreme dedication to improving his game, which has landed him 27 offers (we can't even begin to name them all). Since the first session, he's talked to 30 different schools.

White's list is borderline unmanageable. His process is a little like collecting baseball cards where you see how many Ken Griffery rookie cards you can amass. However, how many do you really need? White is trying to work on that now.

"I don't even have a clue where I want to go," he said. "I've been having shorter conversations trying to figure this thing out."

In about a week, when the final school has offered, he'll settle in and take unofficial visits before Miller School begins its year. Louisville, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Wake Forest, NC State, Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech may have him on campus this month. Richmond, Miami, Wake Forest, NC State, Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, Tennessee, West Virginia, South Florida, Alabama and Georgia Tech hit him hard this summer. By the way, don't fault White (or me) if he left a school off; we're dealing with 27 situations here.

"It's a lot of options and a real hard process but it's a great problem to have," he said. "My criteria is everyone wants a good degree. I want to go to a school where I can develop most and at the same time can be winning. The players who come on the scene late and make a run in the tournament, those are the pros. I want to develop, win, get a degree and enjoy college life. Along the way people will keep track of my career and everything else will take care of itself if I do what I need to do."

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
After originally favoring Penn State, 2012 PF Devin Thomas says Wake Forest is his new leader after his unofficial visit today.

TheRecruitScoop Alex Kline
After originally favoring Penn State, 2012 PF Devin Thomas says Wake Forest is his new leader after his unofficial visit today.

Great news. He's visiting a lot of schools right now, but our staff has been on him hard. To come away from our visit naming Wake as the favorite is a good sign.

Back