• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball Recruiting Megathread 1.0 has run its course

From NBE:

STEFAN JANKOVIC Q&A: 6’10 2012 CANADIAN FORWARD SET TO VISIT WAKE FOREST
August 6, 2011 by NBE Blogger · Leave a Comment
NBE was able to catch-up with Stefan Jankovic earlier this weekend. After originally attending The Kiski School in Saltsburg (PA) when coming into the States from Canada, Jankovic not always got much publicity because he was overshadowed by the Bhullar brothers (7’4 Sim and 7’2 Tanveer). However, he consistently showed to be the best player on Kiski and his move to Huntington (WV) Prep last December only helped in development and exposure. He is an absolute match-up nightmare due to his versatile offensive game and 6-foot-10 size. Jankovic can stroke it consistently from the arc and is also capable of posting up and finishing with a jump hook. He can get past his defender off the dribble and has a nice mid-range pull-up. He rebounds the ball well at both ends, and is very fundamentally sound.

Jankovic has been a little bit of a forgotten prospect this summer as an injury kept him out of action for much of July. Still, his recruitment is moving forward and he took the time to chat with NBE about the injury, the year ahead at Huntington and his recruitment…

NBE Basketball Report (NBE): What is your current height and weight?

Stefan Jankovic (SJ): 1) 6’10…225
————————————————————————–

NBE: How did the month of July turn out for you? Any highlights from the month?

SJ: Well due to a stress fracture I wasn’t able to play during the live period of July…I got to play in the first game of Peach Jam and it was definitely an amazing experience to see all of these coaches at our games.
————————————————————————-

NBE: Now that July is over what is on the agenda in August?

SJ: In august I’ve just been resting my injury, been working. I’m going back to school at Huntington Prep mid-August so I’ll just be beginning to get ready for the hectic season.

NBE: Have you added any new scholarship offers this summer?

SJ: Due to me not playing I wasn’t really able to rack up offers…although I did get one which was Missouri.

NBE: At this time, what schools are you considering that are actively recruiting you?

SJ: I’d probably have to say Wake Forest, Syracuse, Michigan, Georgetown, Florida State, Missouri, Boston College, Seton Hall, Purdue.

NBE: Any favorites or leaders?

SJ: As of right now Wake Forest would have to be leading. They were there since the beginning and have been showing me the most love.
————————————————————————

NBE: How about visits? Any official or unofficial visits in the works?

SJ: No officials set up yet but I’ll know by September where I’m going to take my officials. Unofficially I’m going to Wake Forest next week and I’ also going to set up some more unofficials which I’ll know by next week.
————————————————————————

NBE: When are you looking to make your decision?

SJ: I want to try and make a decision in the fall.
————————————————————————

NBE: It should be a great season ahead at Huntington. What are you looking forward to the most?

SJ: Well I want to win a national championship and I know my coaches and teammates feel the same way. We are going to be very good and I’m just looking forward to having a great season.
————————————————————————

Jankovic did get up to #50 on Scout before getting hurt.

Yeah the injury really killed his chances for exposure during the July live period. I have a feeling getting him def would not replace the need for Devin Thomas or a similar player.

The question is do we drop Moto/Thomas and focus on one of White and Zena?

Moto is a pure SF. With Travis, Aaron and Jankovic, we wouldn't take another SF. White suposedly can play some SG.

Yeah but then we don't have a PF since as it stands Jankovic is just a taller white version of Rountree. Jankvoic is bigger but he still isn't big enough to be the PF that we need. He certainly is versatile and if he could bulk up he could be a real match up nightmare if he could be a bruiser down low and then drain 3's.

But you don't have four guys (three in the same year) who play the same specific position.

If Jankovic is 225 now, he could easily be 235-240 by opening tip 12/13.

Of course if he signs here, he might pull off a rubber mask to show us he's really Weird Al.

Rountree, Jank and Travis can all play multiple positions. Travis will likely have more experience at the 4 than any other position once they get here.

If I could pick the last two players we get it would be White and Thomas, but beggars can't be choosers. We need an upgrade in talent.

I'm just no longer optimistic on White. We're going to have to beat out a lot of bigger names to get him.

Regardless, a big body is a must get. We need either Thomas or Zena, but after that, I'm cool with skilled versatility. White would be the biggest statement get based on his suitors, but I wouldn't be disappointed with janko or moto.

We don't have the talent level on our team to get more soft players. If Jank commits, we need to get a bruiser as well.

I'm just no longer optimistic on White. We're going to have to beat out a lot of bigger names to get him.

Regardless, a big body is a must get. We need either Thomas or Zena, but after that, I'm cool with skilled versatility. White would be the biggest statement get based on his suitors, but I wouldn't be disappointed with janko or moto.

We don't have the talent level on our team to get more soft players. If Jank commits, we need to get a bruiser as well.

Agreed on both.

TheCapersEffect J. Capers
by BloggerSoDear
Just got off the phone with my man @bgladden_10. He told me that Wake Forest offered him, and he's transferring to Olympic with @Al_freeman.

That would be BJ Gladden from Mathews. 2013. 6-5 SG. Per Scout, other offers: Akron, Charlotte, ECU, UNCG, Winthrop, Xavier.

Last edited:
In a lot of ways, we've avoided some disasterous recruiting problems this year. Larkin, whom a lot of people were high on, is leaving ??? due to some mystery illness and returning to Florida??? And of course there is the ND commit who picked them over us and now he has lost an eye and probably won't play college basketball at all.

The 6'11 wingspan is nice. Is he really 6'8, 235?

Most people have him at 6'7 and lighter.

Telep releases the new 2012 ESPN 100 Wednesday and the 2013 100 on Thursday. I think Rountree has a good shot at cracking the top 100.

If we get Brown and Jankovic, 12/13 will look like this:

PG - Tony, Fields, Codi
SG - JTT, CJ, Chase
SF - Travis, Aaron, Jankovic
PF- Brown, Jankovic, Green, Carson
C - Carson, Green, Washington

By the end of the year, this could be a pretty decent team.

In a lot of ways, we've avoided some disasterous recruiting problems this year. Larkin, whom a lot of people were high on, is leaving ??? due to some mystery illness and returning to Florida??? And of course there is the ND commit who picked them over us and now he has lost an eye and probably won't play college basketball at all.

It's not like Katenda's eye would've gotten messed up if he chose us.

Definitely sad news about both though. Watch Larkin go to Miami and torch us now.

Scout.com guys don't think Thomas is a high major player. Doesn't mean he won't help us, but it is a concern.

Back