• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Posters Who Have Changed Names

I suppose I'll post here. Avatar is the same.

I tried but someone had actually signed up as SgtHarp

In fact, the same person registered SgtHarp and SgtHulka with no spaces.

As we progress further along, the people who early registered to steal usernames and subsequently disappeared can be taken care of.

I was actually a staff sergeant, way back when, and thought about promoting myself to SSGHarp. But I'll stick with this.

I used to lurk A TON over on the other boards. I am loving the new boards, because everybody (even those who were so extreme in either Bz direction that I had to hide them) seems so normal and calm over here. So much more rational and enjoyable! So I have decided to start posting after all these years.

Just curious, though, are WakeJake41 or BabyDeac posting over here yet?

Welcome! WakeJake is here, but under another name. I'll let him reveal it if he wants to.

Not so sure about BabyDeac, but I assure you invitations have been sent!

Glad you decided to take the plunge into posting. You're life will never be the same again. :thumbsup:

Welcome! WakeJake is here, but under another name. I'll let him reveal it if he wants to.

Not so sure about BabyDeac, but I assure you invitations have been sent!

Glad you decided to take the plunge into posting. You're life will never be the same again. :thumbsup:

Yes they have. He never responded to mine though :( .

Of course he hasn't been posting nearly as much at Scout of late. Pretty much the only reason to go over there at this point.

Though I lurked le quad on the old boards, I never posted. Now that the newer boards are in place, i'm changing my ways!

and yes, I'm extraordinarily girly (note the username/avatar) but i love me some demon deacons!

and before anyone asks, no i'm not the one behind the chicdeac blog!

of course you're not. you are not Nonny.

Chic (if that is really you), how does Matt feel about you coming over here. He is about the biggest hater of this place out there.

Chic (if that is really you), how does Matt feel about you coming over here. He is about the biggest hater of this place out there.

It really is me. He doesn't hate this place, he just didn't see the need. I am honestly not sure I do either. I don't need to be able to curse freely and haven't gotten into the coach centered in-fighting, and I honestly have very little time for the boards lately, but I figured I'd check it out and protect my good name.

It really is me. He doesn't hate this place, he just didn't see the need. I am honestly not sure I do either. I don't need to be able to curse freely and haven't gotten into the coach centered in-fighting, and I honestly have very little time for the boards lately, but I figured I'd check it out and protect my good name.

This board isn't about cursing or in-fighting.

In your user CP -- the black bar at the top the one furthest to the left. Then select edit avatar.

Lots of "how to's" in the Tech Support forum.

In your user CP -- the black bar at the top the one furthest to the left. Then select edit avatar.

Lots of "how to's" in the Tech Support forum.

Gracias, im liking the new board, well done:golfclap:

And this board has Sheep.

Gracias, im liking the new board, well done:golfclap:

Thank you!

You might want to add your old board name as your "location" at least until people get used to your new name. Some people are doing that that have changed names. Your call.

I'm thinking he's a poster who may not want to do that.

This board isn't about cursing or in-fighting.

If you say so. I just never felt censored (either cursing or talking about the coach) and I think the bannings I saw were warranted.

I also have seen certain posters (zzzz) have an outlet for extreme immaturity and vulgarity here and I just have no interest in reading threads entitled "pussy farts" (and yes, I did just avoid clicking on it)

Anyway, like I said, I'm checking it out and Matt doesn't really care whether I post here or the quad or the pit or nowhere, it's not the kind of relationship we have and he honestly doesn't care that much. plus I am too busy worrying about my dissertation edits, finding day care, writing a grant proposal, finding pediatricians, etc to spend more than an hour or two a week on message boards and sadly throughout time and the "en-youth-ening" of the boards it's low on my list.

Back