• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I "cured" a goth kid

I don't think Boogity's involved with Athens.

Is this the couple (Boogity and Former Goth Girl) in question?

AIH_1.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't find the original paragraph nearly as creepy or epic as its being made out to be?

A little strange situation that I personally wouldn't be involved in, a funny topic name, but I think alotta people are grasping here.

The first paragraph is not what makes this thread epic. It's that bid felt the need to make this thread. Cured a high person? Really? Seems pretty self righteous to me. Maybe she had her reasons for being goth.

In any event, the gazing into her eyes comment was creepy. And this thread has revealed bid to be a thespian.

does your dad tell teenage girls how much he likes their eyes?

I had my 80 year old neighbor, whose our apartment manager decide to come into my apartment to tell me the plumber was here to fix my sink last Monday. I was in the shower at the time. She decided to open the bathroom door to tell me. Any normal person would have heard the shower running and knocked on the door again in 5-10 minutes.

Later that night when I told her how ridiculous that was she said "don't worry, I didn't see much" my response was "wait, what did you see?"

"Oh, I didn't see much, just the silhouette, but what I saw looked very very nice"

This weekend, while laying by the pool she felt the need to remind me about how she felt about the silhouette she saw.

When I moved into this apartment and she showed me and my roommate at the time our place, she pointed out the mirrors on the closet doors and said "and mirrors, nice, eh? eh?"

She's been accused of sexually harrassing an indian couple who was looking to move into my old apartment

She's groped my ex-girlfriends breasts on more than one occassion, and harrassed everyone whose lived in our complex ( my place closely resembles the Melrose Place complex)

She'll come up to you while out by the pool and rub your stomach, at which point I had to tell her "Doris, you can look but not touch" She did this a few weeks ago, it was not the first time I've asked her not to touch me.

We have a doctor in our complex and she'll ask him to see if she's alright and lift her shirt as if he had a stethoscope right in front of everyone.

She got wasted 2 months back and ran her car into the concrete and wood fence between us and the property next to us. She tried to get unstuck so put it in reverse it floored it. After 10 seconds she got unstuck then slammed into our apartment complex. It was 11AM on a Saturday.

The point of all this? Old people are frickin crazy and this post is but a 3 on the list of crazy ass shit that old people say. Most of the rest of us think just as crazy of things, enough old people just say whatever it is they think.

Last edited:
Boogity isn't 80 and senile. That's why it's funny.

I assumed not senile, but one loses their ability not to sound creepy when talking to people under the age of 20 sometime while you're in their thirties. Once there's a certain level of age difference you're going to sound weird.

I recently ran into a high school acquaintance of mine. I'm 30yo w/o any kids and she got preggers in high school.

At this point probably 50% to 66% of college or HS friends I know have kids. I assume when these people talk amongst themselves they comment on eachothers kids and say "OMG you have a gorgeous family" or something, and I could think of no way to say something similar to a non-close friends family since I'm 30yo and have spent the better part of my 20's being as immature as humanly possible. Her kids are definately cuter than any of my other friends' kids, so I felt the urge to provide a compliment, mostly out of my need at the time to have a conversation as most mature ppl my age do. I grew up on seinfeld so have no problem calling an ugly baby as I see it.

I'm sure it ended up sounding creepy as hell. And this is how I relate to feeling the need to make a goth chick feel perty.

Nah, bid is not creepy. He's a good guy with good taste in music (except for The Eagles). Not as cool as Jeff Spicoli but close.

I'm glad that you guys had some fun with this thread. Some of the tags were pretty funny, and I can see how my comments could be erroneously interpreted as some sort of romantic attraction to my fellow castmate, but nothing could be farther from the truth.

This was a nice young lady who had limited social skills because she had that whole "goth" thing going on, and I think that the whole experience of being in theatre has broadened her experience in dealing with other people, both teenagers and adults. I really saw her personality come out, and I noticed her being able to interact with people in an adult-like conversational manner. I was especially glad to see this because shes had the good luck of getting a very desirable part-time job, and her "normal" demeanor will certainly help her in that job.

My whole point about her eyes was that she had very striking eyes, but nobody had ever noticed them because she always wore black clunky eyeglasses, like the kind that middle-aged hairy-armpitted women wear to Lillith Fair concerts. My objective (and non-romantic) opinion was that her eyes were her best feature, and she was very wise to wear contact lens so that people could see her eyes. I also thought that her fashionable "Joan Jett" hairstyle was more flattering than her previous staight black hair.

This is my first time appearing in community theatre, but it was a great experience for me and for everyone involved. I got to know people who I would have not otherwise met. During the long rehearsal process, we all became close (but not romantically). Anyone in theatre will tell you that your cast-mates become like your family. Its not something I'd do on a regular basis, but it was fun and I'm glad I had the experience.

And if anyone is wondering, I used the word "cure" half-jokingly, because I know that acting like a "goth" is not a disease. And some of you got offended at the implication, as I expected. I'm sure there are a handful of posters here who listen to the Nine Inch Nails and pretend that you're not able to talk whenever adults are around but instead give "mysterious" looks. Offending you little wierdos is part of the fun.

Back