• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New bball commit

From his quotes he sounds like a good kid that is genuinely interested in getting a good education. He sounds just like the type that would fit [Redacted]'s "culture change" and I'm glad to have him.

Just to make sure are you talking about it's a dick move by who?

-by the coaching staff to tell people in the first place or
-by whoever the coaching staff told for teasing the information?

I agree on both parts regardless. If I'm the kid's parents, I'm a little turned off by the fact on the day my kid verbals, I ask the coaches I just trusted my kid to to just wait a few hours to tell anybody and they go tell some schmo from a message board who starts blabbing. Something like that could burn them one day. I doubt it was a factor, but the whole Jerry Smith silent verbal leaks come to mind.

PhDeac makes more sense to me on OGBoards. I am not sure what that means for my BuzzWaitandSee status.

damo, it's a less toxic atmosphere for discussion around here. I haven't figure out why. I've narrowed down a few factors though. It's interesting how just changing format and leadership while retaining a decent percentage of folks can improve the "culture" of an internet fanbase.

damo, it's a less toxic atmosphere for discussion around here. I haven't figure out why. I've narrowed down a few factors though. It's interesting how just changing format and leadership while retaining a decent percentage of folks can improve the "culture" of an internet fanbase.

Agreed. I need a middle ground between Buzz needs to be fired and the AD does not make mistakes. Interestingly, this board is closer to the middle ground (given the impetus for it's creation).

And I love the newer technology even though I am an old guy like you.

I'm not THAT old, but the technology is a huge improvement. The old boards were the only message board that I regularly checked, so moving to this forum is like going from 2001 to 2011. I do think the old ACCboards actually did have a search forum in 2001. Not sure why Scout didn't have one.

damo, I think I may do a contest on The Pit for that one. Ironically, this board may be the fulfillment of my old avatar:

images

Last edited:
Agreed. I need a middle ground between Buzz needs to be fired and the AD does not make mistakes. Interestingly, this board is closer to the middle ground (given the impetus for it's creation).

And I love the newer technology even though I am an old guy like you.

Ugh. We didn't start this to be a "BuzzOUT!" board.

catu is claiming that his source wasn't the coaching staff, but the kid and parents themselves.

So he directly went against what he promised to do and is making himself out to be a martyr for violating their confidence.

Comical. My post revealing Andre Washington as the commit did not go up until it was appropriate.

What he is saying is that if you would've just waited until you were comfortable saying the name to mention anything at all, it probably wouldn't have gotten out. You/Deman saying a commitment was on the way just prompted some people to start digging and someone figured it out.

Ugh. We didn't start this to be a "BuzzOUT!" board.

I understand this now. It was not as clear 10 days or so ago. You were (are?) the figurehead of the Buzzout movement. It was not outside the realm of possibility to believe that was the case before coming over.

I understand this now. It was not as clear 10 days or so ago. You were (are?) the figurehead of the Buzzout movement. It was not outside the realm of possibility to believe that was the case before coming over.

This is totally fair. Thanks for giving us a chance.

catu, which of the following is closer to what Washington and his parents asked you to do?

"catu, we want to notify other coaches that Andre is committing to Wake. Please do us a favor and don't tell anyone about it until we're ready."

or

"catu, go tell DemanDeac and tell him to post a thread on the Premium boards teasing a commit. Make sure the thread is the equivalent of a little girl running around the playground screaming 'I've got a secret, but I can't tell you!' and drag out the info for a few hours. Meanwhile some Wake fans can figure out that it's Andre committing for 2012 while others get their hopes up that it's Katenda who is visiting now, is more highly touted, and can help next season, so they'll be a little disappointed when they find out it's my kid."

Which one?

The other thing about this is that catu assumes that Scoop's source asked Scoop to hold off on the info. What if that's not the case? You weren't the only person to know about this obviously.

catu is playing the martyr here instead of realizing it's pretty simple. Don't tell a secret you're not supposed to tell. And that includes not telling people you have a secret in the first place.

Last edited:
turf demanded I publicly apologize for ASKING if catu leaked the commit.......

He's never demanded anyone apologize to me for anything they said......

Ok, that is more than fair. Thanks for taking the time to see for yourself what is going on at these boards.

Oh, and I still gladly claim that I started the "BuzzOUT!" movement.

turf demanded I publicly apologize for ASKING if catu leaked the commit.......

He's never demanded anyone apologize to me for anything they said......

am i the only one that thinks it is possible that scoopdeac IS catudeac. i mean talk about the perfect cover. you know info you want to release but can't under your name for fear of future repercussions. what do you do? join ogboards, release the info under a different name knowing it will get out and back to DS, and then come back later to act as though this board crossed the line. i mean it seems to kill two birds with one stone. he gets to hint at the scoop on DS, makes the scoop on here, and then claims he scooped it on DS but was being respectful. maybe i'm just paranoid

also, i love the tags for this thread

am i the only one that thinks it is possible that scoopdeac IS catudeac. i mean talk about the perfect cover. you know info you want to release but can't under your name for fear of future repercussions. what do you do? join ogboards, release the info under a different name knowing it will get out and back to DS, and then come back later to act as though this board crossed the line. i mean it seems to kill two birds with one stone. he gets to hint at the scoop on DS, makes the scoop on here, and then claims he scooped it on DS but was being respectful. maybe i'm just paranoid

also, i love the tags for this thread

I think it is ridiculous to suggest that a insider poster on Premium would takeover the handle of a respected poster who hasn't posted in a long time. Completely ridiculous.

:laugh:

Back